Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pissed off Kids then . When I was growing up in Hangleton in the 80s always seemed to snow most winters .Funny how its changed so much

2008 to 2013 Hangleton had loads of snow, as it did in 1981/2, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

Low lying towns from Newhaven to Bognor get bugger all, a combination of being at sea level and right by the mild sea.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
2008 to 2013 Hangleton had loads of snow, as it did in 1981/2, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

Low lying towns from Newhaven to Bognor get bugger all, a combination of being at sea level and right by the mild sea.

I remember the blizzard in 85-86 and being at Hove Park lower school and the whole school allowed to go home early before the blizzard started and I think it was 2013 when I lived in Rustington no snow but took the kids to Arundel and loads had fallen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember the blizzard in 85-86 and being at Hove Park lower school and the whole school allowed to go home early before the blizzard started and I think it was 2013 when I lived in Rustington no snow but took the kids to Arundel and loads had fallen.

For a long time I worked in Hove. So often it was raining when I left work, sleeting by Hove Rec and settling snow everywhere in Withdean/Westdene. Even in the last 12 years, my kids have seen up to a foot of level snow in our back garden, loads of great pics and fun sledging at Westdene Windmill.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
For a long time I worked in Hove. So often it was raining when I left work, sleeting by Hove Rec and settling snow everywhere in Withdean/Westdene. Even in the last 12 years, my kids have seen up to a foot of level snow in our back garden, loads of great pics and fun sledging at Westdene Windmill.

My eldest lives in Crawley so she should get snow . Which will piss the younger 2 off still at home lol

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Altitude has a lot to do with it, even a 100m or so makes a big difference. When Mrs V and I were dating and she lived in Brighton it always shocked me that a little snow would lie for several days at the A27 slip by Asda.... When it lasted hours in Worthing.

Edit: just looked outside, steady rain here in Worthing atm, 55 odd years experience tells me no chance of settled snow here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Altitude has a lot to do with it, even a 100m or so makes a big difference. When Mrs V and I were dating and she lived in Brighton it always shocked me that a little snow would lie for several days at the A27 slip by Asda.... When it lasted hours in Worthing.

Edit: just looked outside, steady rain here in Worthing atm, 55 odd years experience tells me no chance of settled snow here.

The BBC and Met Office have predicted for days that it will rain until circa 6am Sunday, then turn much colder with snow. They are still forecasting that.

Yep, I’m cautious too after a childhood with seldom snow .... we lived literally on the coast.

Living 100m up here in Withdean and a few miles inland makes all the difference. We always get some snow each winter even if fleeting, at other times it’s fantastic if you like the white stuff. We do.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So Wizard

Place your bet . Where in Sussex will snow fall and where will it not ?

I have consulted my crystals(Not the Meth type) and I’m reliably informed all of sussex will see some snow over the coming days. I think Hastings/Eastbourne 5-10cm, Brighton>Worthing 5cm and west of that perhaps 3-5cm but westward extent is very difficult to know at this exact moment. Hazardous ice is going to be very dangerous, with sodden ground and 3 days in a row with temperatures barely over 0c be very careful out and about!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Heavy rain in Faversham.

Again.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Went out to the shed after MOTD for a vape and it was dead still , not a breath of wind , stepped out of the shed 5 minutes later into a really strong easterly wind , it's on it's way , mind you where I am you couldn't get any further West if you tried so no snow for us here in sunny West Wales I doubt .

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Just put the recycling out in TN5, sleety rain and my weather station says that temperature has dropped 3 degrees in 2 hours

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here