[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
well ive woken to a white pavement outside window in littlehampton but yet to look out front door to see if a sprinkle or a bit more...yawn.......lets see......can report that its most we have had here, still not a great amount. it is snowing ever so lighly at present but settled

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Well the snow has done it's job here. A nice thick blanket of the stuff causing some delicious disruption. Most of the schools on the closed list seem to be from this area.

I won't be leaving the house today (unless the pub beckons)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A very respectable dusting/covering in West Worthing. Not enough to cause problems or school closures sadly but still looks good!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We've just been told at work there's a forecast of 8-10" at Gatwick by 2pm.

Airport will be closed all day FYI.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You were saying US? May I suggest you GIVE UP forecasting :thumbsup:

Ok my forecast of no snow on Brighton was wrong but its still a piss poor effort compared to most of the country. Around 1 inch here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
9 inches in South Croydon and 6 inches around Crawley/Gatwick.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The snow seems to have increased in the Worthing area now. And looking heavier upwind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
About another 6 inches overnight , no buses running , there is the odd car on the road and if I walked to work it would take at least an hour and a half (normally 55 minutes) , my wellington boots are in the garage outside and the snow has drifted so there is about 2 foot of snow against the garage doors. With more snow on the way I would also have to walk home. I rang work to say I couldn't get in , the procedure is to speak to the department manager but the receptionist has taken over and said they are just adding names to the long list of non attendees.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Been coming down pretty hard in Worthing for the last hour. We probably only have about an inch at the moment though

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Was coming down in hove for a good hour, now just stopped

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports