Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
We're in El Tarter, but have skied El Tarter, Soldeu and Pas today now they are all linked. The snow isn't great here, but talking to various people on the slopes today, Austria is worse and France is struggling.

I'm going to Italy next month and although the conditions are reasonable at the moment, there's plenty of time for that to change ???
Couple of days snow imminent. Drove over the Pyrenees Sunday. Summer weather. Spot the ski run!
IMG-20240204-WA0000.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're in El Tarter, but have skied El Tarter, Soldeu and Pas today now they are all linked. The snow isn't great here, but talking to various people on the slopes today, Austria is worse and France is struggling.

I'm going to Italy next month and although the conditions are reasonable at the moment, there's plenty of time for that to change ???

The Alps are getting a dump this weekend and back to true February temperatures.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just wished Frederica Brignone and Sofia Goggia from the Italian Women's team good luck at Breakfast this morning. It's the Women's Giant Slalom today and the Italian team have been staying in our hotel the last 3 days. Hope they show it on Ski Sunday tomorrow.

234px-Federica_Brignone_2018.jpg
372px-Sofia_Goggia.jpg

I had a look at the track in Soldeu yesterday. Absolutely frightening :eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just wished Frederica Brignone and Sofia Goggia from the Italian Women's team good luck at Breakfast this morning. It's the Women's Giant Slalom today and the Italian team have been staying in our hotel the last 3 days. Hope they show it on Ski Sunday tomorrow.

372px-Sofia_Goggia.jpg

What the breakfast?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

372px-Sofia_Goggia.jpg

I'm not a skiing fan but my 7 year old is friends with the hosts, Chemmy's little boy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

372px-Sofia_Goggia.jpg

@WATFORD zero have you got Ski Sunday on? Film from Andorra of the GG, in rare Pyrenean fresh snow.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
@WATFORD zero have you got Ski Sunday on? Film from Andorra of the GG, in rare Pyrenean fresh snow.

Yes, having got back a couple of hours ago. And It was obviously the kiss of death, me wishing them luck for the GS yesterday. 1st after the first round, 4th after the second :facepalm:

Never saw them for the Slalom today, as we left at 6.00 before even they got to breakfast and are home now. But you know I will use the 'breakfast with the second best female skier in the world' line again :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, having got back a couple of hours ago. And It was obviously the kiss of death, me wishing them luck for the GS yesterday. 1st after the first round, 4th after the second :facepalm:

Never saw them for the Slalom today, as we left at 6.00 before even they got to breakfast and are home now. But you know I will use the 'breakfast with the second best female skier in the world' line again :lolol:

Lara Gut-Behrami is my second best … in every way :love:. As for Shiffrin the GOAT :love::love::love:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Somewhere could reach 65 F today, 20 F above normal. Not 1 day under 50 F for 4 weeks now and no frost. Another incredibly mild / warm Winter

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yep, winter is pretty much done this year now (unless something drastically swings). We'll get some colder spells, but I think any real chance of snow down here is now gone unless something really special happens outside the current forecast range.

Netweather has now moved on - they've got a "Winter 23/24 Post Mortem" thread running now, trying to figure out how / why everything went 'warm' when so many indicators were suggesting 'cold'.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I suspect we're just going to have to accept that with climate change only going one way this is the end of cold winters in this country

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suspect we're just going to have to accept that with climate change only going one way this is the end of cold winters in this country
First we'd have to accept our winters were never really cold, in the first place.

• Wow
Reactions: A1X

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
"I can remember the great winter of 2023/24 when we had two frosts in a row"

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Somewhere could reach 65 F today, 20 F above normal. Not 1 day under 50 F for 4 weeks now and no frost. Another incredibly mild / warm Winter
had to de ice the car on Monday , it was early though

apparently it was very cold the week was in Athens. When at least 2k of us were sitting in shorts and t shirts on the beers

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It's incredibly mild in this part of Dorset, plants in our garden our coming back to life at least a month early.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
We’re currently in Toronto for a few days where they’ve also had an incredible mild and largely snow free winter - something like 31% of the typical snow fall so far this season. That said, the forecast is for 5-10cm of snow in the Greater Toronto Area this afternoon and into the evening, so fingers crossed I may get a flumpage experience before we fly home tomorrow. I will stand out in it for you all if and when it arrives…🇨🇦❄️🏒

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes, until the Gulf Stream breaks down. At which point our weather could change significantly. But no one really knows if or when that could happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here