Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
we were promised global warming for decades, if we didnt change our ways. we changed and got snow in April. :annoyed:

Snow in April is more common than snow in December, and it's got nowt to do with climate change.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Snowing quite heavily here in Bath but not settling - was sat in the garden a week ago enjoying the warm sunshine :mad:.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It happens. April 2008 we had 7” on settled snow one Sunday, much fun was had by all. Also some late snowy Easter’s when I was a kid in the 70’s.

In a milder part of Brighton, even they had this.
https://www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/topics/topicweath/snow/snow-7

Pretty sure we had it the following (or maybe previous) year as well.

I seem to recall that year we had a load that it was followed by a "heatwave" and we were in shorts and t-shirts the following weekend.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty sure we had it the following (or maybe previous) year as well.

I seem to recall that year we had a load that it was followed by a "heatwave" and we were in shorts and t-shirts the following weekend.

What happened next was that at the end of Nov 08, sustained very cold temperatures and then snow hit Sussex in waves that winter. Signalling 4 snowy winters in a row. We had up to 13” of settled snow here in Withdean. My kids had about 10x more snowy days off, than I in my entire school days. Very lucky, tons of sledging on deep snow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well this is a nice surprise. Heavy in Eastbourne. As it ever showed in April?

At least 3 times in the last 13 or so years that I can remember.

Might even have been more than 3 times. It's certainly not uncommon to see snow in April down here.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Here’s your part of the world, 13 years ago.
About 3 years before I moves here for the girl that is now my significant other. Those were the good days, now chaising kids over the house and no money [emoji16]
At least 3 times in the last 13 or so years that I can remember.

Might even have been more than 3 times. It's certainly not uncommon to see snow in April down here.
Yea I have since seen..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We had a barbecue in Burgess Hill yesterday - out of the wind and in the sunlight it was tee-shirt warm. Much colder today, couple of very light snow flurries......no more than a few seconds.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We had a barbecue in Burgess Hill yesterday - out of the wind and in the sunlight it was tee-shirt warm. Much colder today, couple of very light snow flurries......no more than a few seconds.

Yeah that's the good thing with this time of year - when the sun's out you still feel the warmth if out of a chilly wind. Off work today and sat relaxing in the garden for a few hours sheltered from the wind - was lovely!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Slight dusting at some stage this evening here in North East Sussex.
Just let the dogs out and the grass is white

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here