Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I understand the forecast for next week has changed somewhat and there will be no beast from the east.

Depends on which model run you look at. The models are struggling with what's going to happen beyond 2-3 days, lots of flip-flopping as to exactly what happen. I wouldn't trust any forecast beyond 3 days away.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Depends on which model run you look at. The models are struggling with what's going to happen beyond 2-3 days, lots of flip-flopping as to exactly what happen. I wouldn't trust any forecast beyond 3 days away.

Yes, although the latest data is pretty depressing.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yes, although the latest data is pretty depressing.

That it is. But then last night's was rather exciting. Guess the latest run should always take priority, but until we start seeing consistency between runs I'm going to remain hopeful for something. Still, think the most likely result is that we'll miss out down here in the south in the short term.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
at least we have something to get excited for , even if isnt a guarenteed.

Is it a guarenteed for cold weatehr even if no snow .

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
at least we have something to get excited for , even if isnt a guarenteed.

Is it a guarenteed for cold weatehr even if no snow .

This is the latest GFS ensemble - this is the temperature plot (2m temp). So, it could be cold, it could be mild.
gfs-worthing-gb-51n-05w (4).png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
4 inches and counting...

You won, Yorkshire. Enjoy the snow, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Yorkshire. You ruined my winter completely so you could have the snow and I hope now you can sledge on it after lessons in pace and technique. Because you have all the technique of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on. So Yorkshire, take your snow and get off my internet.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You won, Yorkshire. Enjoy the snow, I hope it makes you happy. Dear lord, what a sad little life, Yorkshire. You ruined my winter completely so you could have the snow and I hope now you can sledge on it after lessons in pace and technique. Because you have all the technique of a reversing dump truck without any tyres on. So Yorkshire, take your snow and get off my internet.

Yorkshire and other Northern areas have had a decent winter for snow so far. More to come for you guys. Less likely here, sadly.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Mrs Dolphins and I were out for our morning walk - around 8am or so walking by Withdean Park there was some fine crystalline snow particles falling but obvs came to nothing. Gave me some false hope...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like higher parts of East Sussex might see a few hours of snow tomorrow morning, before it turns milder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here