Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Devon and Somerset look likely to have a massive dump from a very prolonged blizzard.

I hope it extends further east than in forecast, to Brighton.

Yep. We never seem to get the snow we deserve. Just when we're in the firing line for a channel low and blizzard it adjusts SW and we possibly miss out, just getting the rainy version a day later.

The models can't agree on this though, as it's hardly a normal setup, with flow reversal over the UK, and a low trying to push its way up from the SW on the southerly jet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given up on my Echiums this year. Oh well. Yours at least have some great TLC!

Yes. And underneath that bubble wrap is an eco heater. Yes, we have sent the nipper out to breath warm breath on the plants during the night. She offers them warm carbon dioxide and they give back their photosynthesized oxygen. I know what you're thinking - plants use oxygen and make carbon dioxide at night. We have thought of that. Halogen lamp. It is ruddy genius.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You never know.... where are those showers headed? I say that because it's hard to predict where the wind is blowing at the moment. The showers from Dover to Eastbourne seem to be happily hugging the coast, but those inland are moving with a more easterly direction, so it's hard to see if any of it will penetrate as far as Brighton / Worthing. Plus of course, they may fade. We'll know later.

Why Not.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep. We never seem to get the snow we deserve. Just when we're in the firing line for a channel low and blizzard it adjusts SW and we possibly miss out, just getting the rainy version a day later.

The models can't agree on this though, as it's hardly a normal setup, with flow reversal over the UK, and a low trying to push its way up from the SW on the southerly jet.

@Papa, have you lived in Sussex along time and had your interest in meterology a long time? I remember several occurences of channel lows (and its occluded front) and cold air unexpectedly meeting in the 80's, giving relatively huge dumps of snow over the Sussex coast. When not forecast by the Met at that time.

I'm hoping for this later this week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. And underneath that bubble wrap is an eco heater. Yes, we have sent the nipper out to breath warm breath on the plants during the night. She offers them warm carbon dioxide and they give back their photosynthesized oxygen. I know what you're thinking - plants use oxygen and make carbon dioxide at night. We have thought of that. Halogen lamp. It is ruddy genius.

Kent Constabularly had you all wrong and can now close their covert operation into your Lebanese echia.

IMG_2425.JPG

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Light dusting of snow up here.Please keep the storm expected later in the week.Thanking you in advance.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The snowflake type that melts away from the Amex on 75 minutes. Loser.

(Did you 'work' from home today?)

My record is 60 minutes if you don't mind. :lolol:

No. I went in early to teach. A breeze. 'The right kind of snow'. But getting home was a bugger. I went from Guy's to Victoria but there were no trains to Fav. So I tubed it to Pancreas (as we call it in the Tackle household) and managed to get a 'high speed' that had been delayed an hour. Jumpers for goal posts, and people sitting on other people's laps (ooer missus), but I got a seat and made it home in time for tea and scones (OK, a fish korma and some wine). Not a good day. Not with my knee and my (new) shoulder muscle knot. More tomorrow - but I may cancel the appointments if it looks like the wrong kind of snow.....I hope your day was more clement (but not Freud, obviously). :wave:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Wow, you must really love Echiums! I have often flowered them but never gone to all that trouble!

Do you grow other 'exotic' type plants?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My record is 60 minutes if you don't mind. :lolol:

No. I went in early to teach. A breeze. 'The right kind of snow'. But getting home was a bugger. I went from Guy's to Victoria but there were no trains to Fav. So I tubed it to Pancreas (as we call it in the Tackle household) and managed to get a 'high speed' that had been delayed an hour. Jumpers for goal posts, and people sitting on other people's laps (ooer missus), but I got a seat and made it home in time for tea and scones (OK, a fish korma and some wine). Not a good day. Not with my knee and my (new) shoulder muscle knot. More tomorrow - but I may cancel the appointments if it looks like the wrong kind of snow.....I hope your day was more clement (but not Freud, obviously). :wave:

I planned in case it snowed (but it wasn't forecast to be as deep in Brighton as it ended up) and took work home. Our kids were off with the closed schools and we went sledging early on. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here