Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very few threads of more than a few pages carry on without some divergence from the original topic.
It's not "Just A Minute" after all :thumbsup:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Yet, they can say with CERTAINTY, that a 1 part in 10,000 increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is the cause of everything.

1. "They" don't say that. CO2 is just one cause. Other emissions, not least of all methane, also have a major impact.

2. A rise from 3 to 4 parts in 10,000 is a 33.33% increase, which is not stastistically insignificant.

3. 1 part in 10,000 aint as small as you think. If you put 1cc of some noxious chemical in 10 litres of water for example (=1 part in 10,000), you would notice and you would consider that water polluted.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
1. "They" don't say that. CO2 is just one cause. Other emissions, not least of all methane, also have a major impact.

2. A rise from 3 to 4 parts in 10,000 is a 33.33% increase, which is not stastistically insignificant.

3. 1 part in 10,000 aint as small as you think. If you put 1cc of some noxious chemical in 10 litres of water for example (=1 part in 10,000), you would notice and you would consider that water polluted.

Dull & insolent post

Anyway you're all wrong it's not global warming or climate change it's the Greenhouse Effect, so there

Cold rain now, just how am I going to mow the lawn?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We would have snow with this set up 3 months later

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The exciting thing about this wonderful thread is that when you see it appear on the 1st page, your heart speeds up, you swallow hard, you get all excited whilst the page loads to see if it reads those great words from Papa and his Pals...."SNOW IS COMING" then the relentless refreshes and comments about who sees it first.

This climate chat is sort of ruining that for me.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The exciting thing about this wonderful thread is that when you see it appear on the 1st page, your heart speeds up, you swallow hard, you get all excited whilst the page loads to see if it reads those great words from Papa and his Pals...."SNOW IS COMING" then the relentless refreshes and comments about who sees it first.

THIS! I have just done exactly what you said.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Well stop talking about it then .............................

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Flumping... Always make me laugh when i see this..

Bring on the flumps

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
According to mystic meg it might snow in the next 5 months....watch this space.

More importantly Coral have just now shortened all of their UK town odds for a white Xmas after cutting
London because of a number of bets. Does Tommy schafferknacker like a bet?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What with the Buick swans arriving for the earliest migration in 50 years and my cat being EXTRA fluffy this autumn I predict an absolute SHOCKER of a flump.

Oh, that and all of the long range forecasts saying it's going to be a very cold winter.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was staying in a cabin just north of Toronto over the weekend, some top notch FLUMPING occurred.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0056_small.jpg
    DSCN0056_small.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 1,282

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here