Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
After todays flumpage, looks like we wont be getting anymore - pretty much nothing forecasted (rain or snow) for the next week.

It may be time to put this thread to bed very shortly - at least we actually got some decent snow before Winter finished - shame it never fully laid and caused chaos.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After todays flumpage, looks like we wont be getting anymore - pretty much nothing forecasted (rain or snow) for the next week.

It may be time to put this thread to bed very shortly - at least we actually got some decent snow before Winter finished - shame it never fully laid and caused chaos.

Yep. Goodnight everyone. See you when the weather livens up again.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yep. Goodnight everyone. See you when the weather livens up again.
Please be next year. This is the worse winter for me for being ill and it's not even that cold really. Bring on the ice vans and camel toes.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Farewell fellow snow lovers :cry:

See you all again November 2015. Next year is going to be a white festival.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I remember more white Easters than white Christmases.

I think statistically it's happened more often down here that a white Christmas. Once you get into late Feb and onwards - the problem becomes keeping the snow, as the sun heats up.

You need some exceptionally cold air to retain snow on the ground in March - it's happened of course, but quite rare.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think statistically it's happened more often down here that a white Christmas. Once you get into late Feb and onwards - the problem becomes keeping the snow, as the sun heats up.

You need some exceptionally cold air to retain snow on the ground in March - it's happened of course, but quite rare.

I remember a particularly snowy Easter, during a school holiday, I reckon I must have been 9/10'sh, so looking at 74/75'sh ??

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
to rub salt into the wound of snow lovers

Winter snow 'breaks Europe records'....headline of news article posted today on bbc website

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
to rub salt into the wound of snow lovers

Winter snow 'breaks Europe records'....headline of news article posted today on bbc website

Which is doubly ironic as this has been until quite recently a poor season for the alpine ski resorts - little snow, high temperature.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Just got back from this late last night:

snow2.jpgsnow4.jpgsnow3.jpgsnow1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here