Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
More importantly is there any need for concern re saturdays game, having rashly decided at the last minute to head up to the frozen northern wastelands.

I think there would be a good chance* of the Blackpool being called off, even if the weather was half decent. Always looks like an absolutely shocking pitch.

*May not be completely accurate.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
no chance today then??

Not in the next 7 hours. Upper temps and dew points look more favourable this evening - but we do need some showers around :)

The medium term outlook is interesting - and there's a hint of a Scandi block on some of the output into next week; although not supported by all models.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
More importantly is there any need for concern re saturdays game, having rashly decided at the last minute to head up to the frozen northern wastelands.

I personally think the game will be on, as the wind off the Irish Sea will keep the coastal areas above freezing - they may have some showers on Saturday which will be wintry, but I'd say the coastal location will stop too much settling.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I personally think the game will be on, as the wind off the Irish Sea will keep the coastal areas above freezing - they may have some showers on Saturday which will be wintry, but I'd say the coastal location will stop too much settling.

There was certainly nothing there this morning when I drove past. M6 around Wigan was snowy but nothing other than that. Nothing in Kendal either surprisingly.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
There was certainly nothing there this morning when I drove past. M6 around Wigan was snowy but nothing other than that. Nothing in Kendal either surprisingly.

Kendal is only just above sea level and next to Morecambe Bay.I live about 17 miles away on the edge of the Dales and at 450 feet above sea level no snow.The snow line on the hills is about 1000 feet.
As for Sat the weather is meant to be sunny with a northerly wind which if correct will mean it's going to be cold but dry ( sunny ).
The pitch is a mess,like a non league ground which is where Blackpool are heading .They need a change of owners.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A complete and total non event. Quelle Surprise. 6C today and 7C tomorrow. Maybe a few light rain showers later today

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton 11 am so it is likely to reach 8-9C today

Observations

Observed at 11:00, Thursday 29 January

Not Available

7°C

10mph West South Westerly

Humidity: 72%

Visibility: N/A

Pressure: 987mb, Falling

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Are you saying it isn't ?

I'm suggesting it's not strictly relevant to what will happen tonight, what with a change of wind direction, colder upper air, lower dew points and diurnal temperature changes.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Some daft bint posted this, taken from Facebook, on the BBC weather coverage with the excitable caption, "Believe it or not somewhere under this is my car!".

View attachment 62422

What!? Somewhere under that light dusting of snow is an actual car, that car shaped thing with clearly visible windscreen wipers and wing mirrors! no way, thats unbelievable. :facepalm:

To be fair , that could well be Kemy waiting at a bus stop in New York holding a knife and fork .

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Worth watching this - the cluster of showers over Wales and the Midlands are turning from sleet to snow as the colder air arrives.

It'll the progress of the colder air that gives us a risk of snow from this evening and overnight. Marginal though.

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/?type=rain-snow-sleet

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here