Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You've managed to secure the 8,000th post on this thread too :thumbsup:

Crikey ! But, 8000 posts and only about 500 talk about snow that has landed !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a SHOCKINGLY sh*t Winter !. Even this weeks " cold " snap turned into 6C Max and 3C min. The weather lady said it would be " bitterly cold " tomorrow at 7C ! Mild wet and windy for the foreseeable 2 weeks so that is game over until 2014/2015. Close the door and turn the lights out behind you.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What a SHOCKINGLY sh*t Winter !. Even this weeks " cold " snap turned into 6C Max and 3C min. The weather lady said it would be " bitterly cold " tomorrow at 7C ! Mild wet and windy for the foreseeable 2 weeks so that is game over until 2014/2015. Close the door and turn the lights out behind you.

We had heavy snow in March last year!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

Maybe the Gods are trying to puppy train Harry ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Make that 501.

Can I say there was plenty of snow around yesterday and it was between -2 and -4 degrees Centigrade with a bitter easterly wind?

You can say that, but, In balmy Worthing it was about 8 C with intermittent heavy rain showers, Sullington is obviously a world away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I'm not giving up yet, we had a pretty heavy fall in APRIL about 5 years back.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We may have snow in march or april but it will turn to slush the same day.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
You can say that, but, In balmy Worthing it was about 8 C with intermittent heavy rain showers, Sullington is obviously a world away.

OK I was waiting for a response - I admit I was working in Stockholm the past couple of days - still a bit parky especially with the wind blowing off the Baltic!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I was in New Jersey two weeks ago...it was bloody snowing there.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For those of us who's work disappears if it snows..its very welcome that there hasn't been any snow..i'm hoping to get a break away in cornwall or norfolk next week...cue snow!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For those of us who's work disappears if it snows..its very welcome that there hasn't been any snow..i'm hoping to get a break away in cornwall or norfolk next week...cue snow!

No chance of snow in the next couple of weeks. Wind and rain, yes

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But does the relentless high winds, cool and damp air, together with the lack of airtightness and insulation in UK homes .... still mean that most homes require a lot of heating?

Ah, but it was reported to on the BBC that our homes are better insulated than ever and that the average temp is 4 degrees higher than in the 70's, and that was without extra fuel consumption!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here