[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What a fantastic snowy scene up here! Started around 6ish covering the grass and after intermittent heavy blizzard like snow we have around 3 or 4cm covering everything bar main roads! Best falling snow of the Winter, in fact since Jan10

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
What odd weather - snow moving S/W to the North of Brighton and snow moving N/E(ish) to the south. Our coastal strip is right in the rubbish bit where its snowing a bit, but not much.

Will that stuff out to sea move inland?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
photo.JPG

My garden a few moments ago.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just about to fly Manchester to Gatwick, will it be an icy landing?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Just about to fly Manchester to Gatwick, will it be an icy landing?

I left gatwick 10 mins ago and the gritters were on the runway doing there job, some flight distruption, but mostly going to plan. Getting home from Gatwick might be more of a problem!!!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Eastbourne Town Centre has a LOT more snow than a few miles North in Willingdon, 2 inches in the centre of Eastbourne but barely half an inch to an inch in places on the outskirts.

Its not fair !!!!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Eastbourne Town Centre has a LOT more snow than a few miles North in Willingdon, 2 inches in the centre of Eastbourne but barely half an inch to an inch in places on the outskirts.

Its not fair !!!!

Dont worry, heavy stuff moving in this evening and a but further inland apparently, its not too bad in willingdon if you see my photo a few posts back.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Near blizzard conditions in HH. Settling on the roads now too, just in time for Rush Hour. Let the chaos commence!!

D

Deleted member 22389

Coming down from Luton tomorrow, how do you rate my chances, any weather experts?
I was going to leave at 4am tomorrow morning.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Dont worry, heavy stuff moving in this evening and a but further inland apparently, its not too bad in willingdon if you see my photo a few posts back.

Since posting its started to get a bit heavier and it is starting to flump a bit, also starting to lay on pavements and minor roads - looks like the temperature must have dropped then, eh Papa ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Now serious flumping in the dodgy end of Willingdon.

Public transport is coping well with the weather too except frozen points at St Leonards - problems at Horley were a one under rather than due to the weather and earlier problems at Pulborough and Havant have cleared.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is the forecast heavier spell. The big question is how long will it last, before slinking back off South

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports