Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Flex Your Head

Why are people desperately WANTING snow ?

I'll be proper MACKED OFF if the game on Saturday falls foul of the weather. Its one of only 5 games we've got left at home on a Saturday.

4 if Pompey go tits up.
I think the game should be safe with the vast majority of any snow falling well after the final whistle.
I'm well up for the snow; not sure why though as it means there'll be far fewer of us at work (probably) with extra work for me.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

I'll be proper MACKED OFF if the game on Saturday falls foul of the weather. Its one of only 5 games we've got left at home on a Saturday.

4 if Pompey go tits up.

Snow on Saturday night means I don't have to go to the POXY wedding fair on Sunday (and maybe work on Tuesday).

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

4 if Pompey go tits up.

All the snow being predicted will happen AFTER the game on Saturday. Bring it on I say!

Edit: I should really read up until the final post before I quote someone. Doh.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I see everything has shifted West, which is what people were saying yesterday.

Still looks good for us folk in Sussex at the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What is the forecast for early Sunday morning ? Snow likely Eastbourne way ?

As long as the front gets far enough East it will be cold enough. You might be too far East to get a lot. Eastbourne will be in the firing line Friday night though, with beefy showers off the north sea.

Sep 1, 2010
As long as the front gets far enough East it will be cold enough. You might be too far East to get a lot. Eastbourne will be in the firing line Friday night though, with beefy showers off the north sea.

Goin forward from Sunday/Monday...is this likely to be a sustained period of snow or just a quick snap of it? Need to plan ahead if i can

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Goin forward from Sunday/Monday...is this likely to be a sustained period of snow or just a quick snap of it? Need to plan ahead if i can

There is a lot of support for it continuing cold in the SE with further snow, but we need to see more model runs before that is confirmed. The ECMWF ensemble due out in about half an hour will help.

Flex Your Head

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is a great chart, but how can I see the latest forecast with it? The 'base' is Thursday midday; how can I see the latest one from 6pm this evening? Thanks very much for all your help, answers and insights by the way.

The 5pm run is labelled the 12z I think because that's when it starts running and so has data up to that point. The 18z won't be available until after 11pm.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How is it looking for gravesend way please?

Currently flipping cold. You might see snow later tonight in the form of light showers and heavier ones overnight Friday . The Saturday into Sunday stuff might be too far West when really lively but the details are still unclear

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Currently flipping cold. You might see snow later tonight in the form of light showers and heavier ones overnight Friday . The Saturday into Sunday stuff might be too far West when really lively but the details are still unclear

Many thanks...be gutted if it doesn't reach us though. Can vouch for the flipping cold though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here