Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
P.S. It's been mentioned on the BBC forecast that there is no end in sight to this cold spell....

what ever?

This is it then.....The Day After Tomorrow was true

:down::down::down::down:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Stopped snowing BN2, surprising considering it was supposed to be at its heaviest around this time..

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Stopped snowing BN2, surprising considering it was supposed to be at its heaviest around this time..

Still snowing half way up Southover albeit lightly.
Slushy as a puppy and melt water coming out of downpipes.
Pub visit soon. :wave:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I attempted to get up the A24 earlier today. Gridlock at the Offington roundabout followed by a dead slow crawl after that. Gave up and came back to Worthing.

Seems to be very little gritting, even on main roads.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Been snowing for hours in Eastbourne, you wouldn't know it though, hasn't settled on the ground, at all

Yoda

English & European
I attempted to get up the A24 earlier today. Gridlock at the Offington roundabout followed by a dead slow crawl after that. Gave up and came back to Worthing.

Seems to be very little gritting, even on main roads.

I saw at least two, maybe three gritting the main roads in Worthing last night.

Might have been the rain and sleet before hand just washed most of it away.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Been snowing for hours in Eastbourne, you wouldn't know it though, hasn't settled on the ground, at all

Sadly, you've always been on the milder side (east) of the low, with persistent onshore winds. We has the same for a while here last night, but the heavy area of snow passed over Worthing, so we then got snow only.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Snowing in Burgess Hill.....

f***ing HATE snow

That's where I should be working today rang in and A23 was pasable but Victoria Estate meant to be all snarled up.
Is it getting any worse/better?

I gave up after slowly sliding about 30 yards down southover or so into a curb managed to park in a side road and walked back.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Sadly, you've always been on the milder side (east) of the low, with persistent onshore winds. We has the same for a while here last night, but the heavy area of snow passed over Worthing, so we then got snow only.

As I typed that, it started to set, only a light dusting though. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here