Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ashes: First Test *OFFICIAL* thread

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
kestrel said:
Fletcher out :angry: :angry: what a f***ing shambles:angry: wrong team picked.Read should of played Monty should of played.
Freddie should not be skipper.f*** off back to africa fletcher :censored: :angry:

sad thing is mate i cant disagree with any of those sentiments...was ridiculed by my mates when i took 6/1 aussies to win 4-0 now its 9/2 and i hope too christ i doont win...but the moment they dropped panesar the writing was on the wall, it was defensive selection full stop and strauss should be captain...let flintoff concentrate on his natural game, smacks of the botham situation in the 80's

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
kestrel said:
Fletcher out :angry: :angry: what a f***ing shambles:angry: wrong team picked.Read should of played Monty should of played.
Freddie should not be skipper.f*** off back to africa fletcher :censored: :angry:
Do you really think picking Monty would have changed the way this test match has gone?

It's not a spinners pirch, look at Warne, not taken a wicket and bowled quite defensively.

I agree Freddy probably shouldn't be skipper and Read should be wicket keeper, but would that have made much difference in this test? I don't think so somehow...

Last edited:

Strauss shoul be captain and the team should have remained fundamentally the same after we beat Pakistan so convincingly.

We have'nt become a bad side over night, a few selection errors have hindered us.

A lack of confidence and daft batting has lost this match. I will be very surprised if we last another day.

Ponting could still make a bad mistake in continuing to bat tomorrow - we will and see.

:nono: :nono:

army ali said:
Strauss shoul be captain and the team should have remained fundamentally the same after we beat Pakistan so convincingly.

We have'nt become a bad side over night, a few selection errors have hindered us.

A lack of confidence and daft batting has lost this match. I will be very surprised if we last another day.

Ponting could still make a bad mistake in continuing to bat tomorrow - we will and see.

:nono: :nono:

Where I dia=sagree here is that we were not a convincing team in asia this year, we struggle throughout the series. only really dominating one test match.

We won the ashes last year with our best side out - possibly Read and Panacear could have put it up a notch or two - but generally it was our best side. At home, in perfect conditions for swing balling. Againhst an Australian team, that were very good bit without two of the main strike bowlers not at their best.

Here in Australia, without at least two of our best players, with a couple of poor selections we have been shown so far as not worthy chamopions to retain the ashes.

None the less we do have the players that can at their best performance meet Australia , man for man.

D

Deleted member 2719

I haven't read this thread but the commonsense thing seems to me is to free freddie up from captaincy and let him concentrate on what he does best.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Mouldy Boots said:
I haven't read this thread but the commonsense thing seems to me is to free freddie up from captaincy and let him concentrate on what he does best.
basically yep

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well we need some 600 odd to win the game :lolol: :lolol:

And virtually two days left to bat :eek: :eek:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
293/5 at close. At least we made it to the last day.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And rain is forecast for the final day.

Shame

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
A bit of an improvement, a draw isnt totaly out of the question but I admit its unlikeley. Can see them taking 5 wickets tommorow. You never know though. KP wants his ton.

1066gull

and to think I was starting to get in to the ashes after last night....:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here