Votes: 56 59.6%
  • Australia WIN

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I know that this isn't over yet by any stretch, and also that this is massive aftertiming on my part, but I never understand why some people are so quick to write off England's chances when the chasing team make a good start.
Obviously you'd rather take early wickets than not, but unless you run through a team for under a hundred they'll always have a good partnership at some point.
To be fair, at 265/3 with Head and Smith set needing another 120 odd can you blame anyone for thinking it was going to be a cakewalk :lolol: it wasn’t just a ‘good start’ they’ve done an England and well and truly thrown this away.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I know he’s a twunt but Ponting is a fantastically knowledgeable man and pundit, always has something insightful to say, and unlike a lot of Aussie pundits he’s quite balanced and professional

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
To be fair, at 265/3 with Head and Smith set needing another 120 odd can you blame anyone for thinking it was going to be a cakewalk :lolol: it wasn’t just a ‘good start’ they’ve done an England and well and truly thrown this away.
I think some people were writing England off around the time they were 100/0.
Anyway, one wicket often brings two and all that. I'm certainly never surprised when England lose from needing 120ish with only 3 down. You'll have to take my word for it that I'm not surprised by this turn of events (except I thought the weather would be worse today). :lolol:

Also, as written previously, nowhere near over.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know that this isn't over yet by any stretch, and also that this is massive aftertiming on my part, but I never understand why some people are so quick to write off England's chances when the chasing team make a good start.
Obviously you'd rather take early wickets than not, but unless you run through a team for under a hundred they'll always have a good partnership at some point.
Yep….a quick look at historic highest chases tells you all you need to know.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Woakes is the key for England, I think. Especially as Smith's not keen on facing him.
Well, well
Often happens with teams chasing a total. As soon as it starts to look possible it plays on batters minds, they start making mistakes and the wickets start to fall. Having said that it helps if the bowlers are decent, too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here