• Draw

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's instinct.
I understand the instinct to celebrate, but you don't fluff a shot in football or hitting a ball for 6 because you're celebrating during the action itself. I'm just saying give yourself a moment to actually do the thing before celebrating doing the thing. He hadn't finished catching the ball, I'd argue.

papachris

I understand the instinct to celebrate, but you don't fluff a shot in football or hitting a ball for 6 because you're celebrating during the action itself. I'm just saying give yourself a moment to actually do the thing before celebrating doing the thing. He hadn't finished catching the ball, I'd argue.
You mean like Ross Barkley

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I sincerely hope Anderson can pull something special out of the fire in what remains of this test because when he reflects on this series I fancy he'll blame himself for not having Broad's good sense to know when the game is up.

Statistically, the two teams are close but Jimmy's 5 wickets at 85.4 apiece is the glaring difference.
Yep.
....and his teammates and the media have been blaming ' unhelpful 'conditions all the time. It is probably a more significant error, persevering with Jimmy than the Foakes/Bairstow discussion.
It is desperately sad to see him struggling. A shadow of his former self. To bowl him for 10 overs yesterday was painful, particularly as Wood hadn't bowled one delivery. Its almost as if Stokes is desperate for him to do something/anything, to justify his selection and is actually overbowling him.
I cannot understand why, on being told the news by Broad, that he didn't grab the opportunity for a timely double goodbye a la Warne and McGrath. Right time. right place, wrong decision.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Tony Greig did just that in a Gillette Cup Final at Lords. Threw the ball up too quickly, ( miles in the air ) umpire immediately called ' not complete ' and Greig had to scramble and dive to ' complete ' the catch.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blame the TCCB.
Too many Tests too close together. And we all know why.
I'm not sure the tests being close together has anything to do with it being damp. At least they've been crammed together across the driest time of the year in the UK. I remember when tests went into mid-late September - now that was just asking for the weather gods to intervene.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Has anyone here ever got really cold at a cricket match?

From memory the Sept 1993 NatWest final where Tony Piggott handed the trophy to Warwickshire, was ******* freezing. Late October temp's on 4th Sept.

At Hove T20's I always needed a fleece.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If they get going again after the early tea it could be a cracking session...... IF.
My concern is the more time we lose, the easier Australia can shut up shop with 7 wickets in hand. They don't need to risk drawing 2-2 to get the 3-1. 2-1 would do them fine, you'd suspect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My concern is the more time we lose, the easier Australia can shut up shop with 7 wickets in hand. They don't need to risk drawing 2-2 to get the 3-1. 2-1 would do them fine, you'd suspect.
Why would they, though? They have a record breaking win in their sights. Sure they can batten down the hatches IF there is a collapse, but they'll surely come back out chasing the win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here