Votes: 56 59.6%
  • Australia WIN

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
WTF - if anything he looks a better bowler than ever right now, maybe it’s just taken its toll on the family life etc? Some things are more important than cricket.

Blimey, both Aussie and English bowling attacks are going to be all change after this series, maybe he’s realised watching Jimmy that’s not what he wants - going out on his own terms.

Bit gutted though, what a man and what a bowler

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
WTF - if anything he looks a better bowler than ever right now, maybe it’s just taken its toll on the family life etc? Some things are more important than cricket.

Blimey, both Aussie and English bowling attacks are going to be all change after this series.

Bit gutted though, what a man and what a bowler
They've got a young child. Next summer would mean being away in India, Sri Lanka etc.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Can't blame Broad tbf. The cricket schedule is nuts. When you compare cash earned vs time away from home when you have a family, it's even crazier. He's done his bit, and we love him.

Best FPL playing cricketer ever as well

Now grab us a 5-fer for old times sake

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not gonna lie, but emotional about this

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sydney Morning Herald:

BREAKING NEWS:

Stuart Broad retires- David Warner announces he's now staying on..

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Is the pitch going to get worse? Otherwise in modern day cricket. Australia have a chance of chasing 370ish

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is the pitch going to get worse? Otherwise in modern day cricket. Australia have a chance of chasing 370ish
Pitches always deteriorate, and the Oval seems to always offer plenty of bounce and turn for spinners, so Root may get some important wickets.

Not even accounting for the fact that England may go in and have a swing first thing, the Aussies will still be over 100 short of the target at the end of tomorrow so they’ll definitely have to contend with a 5th-day wicket.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Grounds I've been to. Probably pathetic compared to many others in here. But I'd love to see your lists;

Home:

Chester-le-Street, Colchester, Ilford, Southampton (old), Tunbridge Wells, Lords, Northampton, Bath, The Oval, Arundel, Hove, Horsham, Edgbaston

Away:

Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane
Hove, Horsham, Arundel, Tunbridge Wells, Toilet Bowl, Oval, Guildford, Lords, Taunton, Bristol, Worcester, Edgbaston, Northants, Chester-le-Street, Chelmsford, Cardiff, Trent Bridge

Basin Reserve, Cake Tin, Eden Park, Hamilton, Napier, Tauranga, Hagley, Dunedin, Pukekura Park, Queenstown, Whangerei
Clontarf

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Grounds I've been to. Probably pathetic compared to many others in here. But I'd love to see your lists;

Home:

Chester-le-Street, Colchester, Ilford, Southampton (old), Tunbridge Wells, Lords, Northampton, Bath, The Oval, Arundel, Hove, Horsham, Edgbaston

Away:

Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane
Hove
Arundel
Chester-Le-Street
Trent Bridge
Taunton
The Oval
Lords
Neville Road
Grace Road
Wantage Road
Welbeck (Notts outground)
Sofia Gardens
Old Trafford
Edgbaston
North Marine Road
Headingley
Cheltenham, this week:
20230728_181052.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Little trivia question for the evening;

Which county cricket club tried to sign Steve Smith as a teenager on a home registration due to his English mother ?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I had to re-watch Broady’s 8-15 spell at Trent Bridge tonight. It’s still the best spell of bowling I’ve ever seen, by quite some distance.

Anderson naturally gets the plaudits as the most successful fast bowler of all time, but Stokes and Broad are the cricketers for England who have consistently stepped up and delivered in the big moments over the past 10-15 years.

I said earlier in the week, not thinking it would happen so soon, that I’d be sadder when Broady retired than I will be when Jimmy does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports