Jul 7, 2003

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch Day Three

England 130-1 (25 overs, RR5.20), leading by 118

Crawley 71* (73 balls) Stokes 12* (24 balls)

A good morning for England.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Zak Crawley was superb, the England batting coaches deserve real credit in polishing up this rough diamond.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If anyone's at the game I recommend the Black Dog afterwards. Very close to Vauxhall station, was busy but good service and some decent beers from Wimbledon brewery and food smelt excellent

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A visit from my ex just before lunch..

'Oh, you've got the cricket on'

'Yes'

*Looks at screen*

'Who are Crawley playing ?'

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Makes me laugh when the commentators say ‘that’s the plan just bowl on 5/6th stump to Crawley’

He’s edged a rank wide ball that should have been slapped through the covers, he’s getting out more to wide balls because he’s an aggressive player who is extremely good off his stumps, bit like KP who used to get stick for getting out like that.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Zak Crawley was superb, the England batting coaches deserve real credit in polishing up this rough diamond.
I think there is better to come. His technique is still wanting sometimes. So making a lot of runs even with that shows a lot of promise.

I didn't want to play him in this series. But that's why I'm not a selector.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Makes me laugh when the commentators say ‘that’s the plan just bowl on 5/6th stump to Crawley’

He’s edged a rank wide ball that should have been slapped through the covers, he’s getting out more to wide balls because he’s an aggressive player who is extremely good off his stumps, bit like KP who used to get stick for getting out like that.
But it makes sense to bowl there. He does play across the line a lot. You always need your wits about you at second slip when he's in. He flashes hard so gets away with it a lot.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love it when Stokes plays a back foot cover drive. Ponting says it seems to have gone out the game, but Stokes is the master of it.

When I used to play it was the only shot I had apart from the forward defence. I never scored many runs at that there number 10.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I love it when Stokes plays a back foot cover drive. Ponting says it seems to have gone out the game, but Stokes is the master of it.

When I used to play it was the only shot I had apart from the forward defence. I never scored many runs at that there number 10.
They sound great too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports