• Australia WIN

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This series we’ve generally been going through their tailenders quite effectively, and we’ve also scored quite well down the order!
Of course I am biased and don´t let facts get in the way but surely you can agree that this has happened too often and really stupid tactics don´t help?
110 for the last 3 wickets is poor bowling or superb batting.
I would suggest the former but am sure you would say it´s the latter.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure what to make of the respective run rates. Aussies scoring at half our run rate.

Will Bazball lead to 3 or 4 day tests being the norm with a spare day for rain?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bazball has got us to 2-1 down and a below par score on day 1 at The Oval. Funnily enough " Boycott Cricket " often works.
We were inserted, so Boycott cricket didn't win. I do think Boycott cricket should go in the OED.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I have to say that there are few people of whom i've totally reversed my opinion of over time, but Ricky Ponting is one of them. As a batsman/Aus skipper, i despised him (which admittedly is probably more of a reflection of how good he was) but now i really like his summing up of what he's seen. He insightful, respectful, objective and concise. I think that i might even like to go for a pint with him now, as long as he was paying.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Of course I am biased and don´t let facts get in the way but surely you can agree that this has happened too often and really stupid tactics don´t help?
110 for the last 3 wickets is poor bowling or superb batting.
I would suggest the former but am sure you would say it´s the latter.

We got 71 without the sunshine. We didn't have a top order batsman, Smith,. Todd Murphy was like Clark Kent. Just enjoy this amazing series.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Had a great day at the Oval today, quality Ashes cricket.

On reflection whilst it meant a small deficit it could have been counter productive for England to have batted at the end of the day.

A couple of quick wickets would have swung the game back in the Aussies favour, FWIW I think we will bat most of tomorrow perhaps even into Sunday set them just over 300 and will then bowl them out (subject to the weather obviously)

Series Ends 2-2, whilst the Aussies retain the Urn, the outcome of this series will always be open to question, predominantly over the Bairstow run out at Lords.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
IMG_7726.jpeg

Looks out to me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The initial decision seemed the correct one. It was only when they looked at it afterwards for a long period of time it was found the angle of the replay may have been deceptive and Smith was out.

Unless 3rd umpires are allowed half an hour or so to look at a review then these things happen. He probably was out, but the 3rd umpire had to make a decision without a team of forensics pawing over it.

Annoying, but just needs to be accepted and left behind.

Shame really, I quite like the idea of a (former) Australian captain being run out by a sub fielder who looks about 12. Anything to annoy the skippys.

Maybe they should have 'zing' bails in Test cricket.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well, if we played under a roof I think Anderson would have his place back for a few more years.

I remember nets at Sussex where I couldn't control the swing.

The initial decision seemed the correct one. It was only when they looked at it afterwards for a long period of time it was found the angle of the replay may have been deceptive and Smith was out.

Unless 3rd umpires are allowed half an hour or so to look at a review then these things happen. He probably was out, but the 3rd umpire had to make a decision without a team of forensics pawing over it.

Annoying, but just needs to be accepted and left behind.

Shame really, I quite like the idea of a (former) Australian captain being run out by a sub fielder who looks about 12. Anything to annoy the skippys.

Maybe they should have 'zing' bails in Test cricket.
From the massive screen next to me it looked out. Not sure why we could see it and 3rd umpire couldn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports