• Australia WIN

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't think it was. Root ended up taking slightly behind himself. It was a straight forward catch to Bairstow moving to his right. That shouldn't be left to slip. It's in between, so that makes it keepers call.
Well, you could be right that most keepers would go for it, but Root does seem wide at 1st. Plus i think keepers could get there off Anderson or Broad, but with Woods pace, that's a toughie

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
JB just looks so flat-footed.

"Go easy on me, I've had a big injury" - don't declare yourself fit to keep then!

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Another poor review from Khawaja - shades of prime Shane Watson

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't know what it is about the Ashes.

Albion score a winning go and the best I do is let out a 'jolly good'. England take a key Aussie wicket and I'm slapping my thighs, jumping up and doing bum wiggles.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
JB just looks so flat-footed.

"Go easy on me, I've had a big injury" - don't declare yourself fit to keep then!
After the innings at Old Trafford he gave an interview that basically said something along the lines of 'people don't understand - I'm coming back from my leg injury, and haven't kept wicket for a long time - and it takes time to build back up again'. And listening to it, I did think 'why have you been picked then'.

That is - it's not his fault, so much as the selectors.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After the innings at Old Trafford he gave an interview that basically said something along the lines of 'people don't understand - I'm coming back from my leg injury, and haven't kept wicket for a long time - and it takes time to build back up again'. And listening to it, I did think 'why have you been picked then'.

That is - it's not his fault, so much as the selectors.
Well arguably he could've made himself available for selection with the bat only. If he knows his fitness isn't where it needs to be to keep in a bloody ASHES series, maybe don't say you can keep?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The deliberate take-time-out-of-the-game-slow-scoring-rate has back-fired on the Aussies... hopefully we can polish off the tail without too much of a wag, and kick on with a decent lead. Could be another declaration conundrum, with shocking weather on the cards for day five.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here