Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashes and Fourth Test.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The pressure's off and - surprise surprise - Cook, Root, Anderson and Broad have all performed in this test.

My view is that the presence of Stokes is an insurance policy that takes pressure off all four of them, and I can't remember an England team ever missing a player as much as we've missed him.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see England win this match from this position as there's so much at stake for the England players personally.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Australia aren't like England they won't let up once they have one so even if we do manage (no chance) to win this it's not because they put their feet up. It's their mentality one we should have adopted after getting promoted.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Malan out LBW and gets **** of the day as should have reviewed inside edge

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Another Englishman doesn’t know if he’s hit it ( Geoffrey Boycott)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Incredible that Malan, Cook and the umpire all missed that big inside edge. Huge wicket.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
327 is looking like a tough target now what with the new ball and the reticence to review. Avoiding a collapse now would be quite some achievement.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another Englishman doesn’t know if he’s hit it ( Geoffrey Boycott)

Boycott never had that problem, as his ex girlfriend will confirm.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Commentators all instantly said 'thats out' as well - if anything proving that the DRS is essential. and then he doesn't review!

I can only assume he thought it was pad first, but strange not to review just in case

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Now Broad is batting Cook needs get going, clipping the odd single over the next few overs isn't going to set any sort of target.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Cook becomes 6th highest run scorer in test cricket. Absolutely marvellous knock.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good to see two all time greats in Cook & Broad play so well today and show what class players they are.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Regardless of the result, that was absolutely outstanding from Cookie today. Rest of the middle order guilty of their usual crap, but Broad supported really well.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Great response from Cook and good to see Broad get a few runs for a change. At least it looks as if we are now out of whitewash danger.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great Innings from Cook and also good to see Broad do something with both bat and ball again. As a youngster he promised much as a batsmen to be an allrounder and good to see him get back to that . Perhaps i and others are writing these two off too soon and they will play 1 more season at home but I see this as their last Ashes tour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here