Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ashburton Army

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton had a hardcore punk / goth scene in the 80's and those people were genuinely cool without trying too hard , a lot of them were heavily into their drugs , i had some fantastic times at squat parties around Brighton in my teens and then on to the Blues/Regga parties that the boys put on , fantastic times ......from my memory there were not so many outright tossers around then.
I was in London from 80, then abroad from 82 to 86 and lost touch with Brighton completely. When I came back (to London) I had been divorced, remarried, acquired 2 kids (one of whom is herself now a grandma FFS) and created a third (my lovely boy, now 37). My dancing days were put on hold pretty much till 2002.

There are always tossers. And there are always top people. Some of my best live music nights have been over the last 10 years. Smaller venues, slightly more peculiar artists, older audiences but with a sense of adventure.... And as long as I have something to sit on or lean against, I'm IN :lolol:

It is what it is.

:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Kids then, and I suspect kids now don't want to be different from each other, they want to be different from everyone else.

It was always thus, doesn't take much of a leap to understand that the whole 'look at them wanting to be different but dressing like the rest of their social group' doesn't quite explain what is happening. In its simplest term you can change the 'I want to look different to everyone else' to 'we want to look different to everyone else'.

Clothing as Identity is nothing new and it probably won't every change. You can spot a middle ages pom (or pom wannabe) here in Australia by the telltale Sambas, Stan smiths etc etc.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I was in London from 80, then abroad from 82 to 86 and lost touch with Brighton completely. When I came back (to London) I had been divorced, remarried, acquired 2 kids (one of whom is herself now a grandma FFS) and created a third (my lovely boy, now 37). My dancing days were put on hold pretty much till 2002.

There are always tossers. And there are always top people. Some of my best live music nights have been over the last 10 years. Smaller venues, slightly more peculiar artists, older audiences but with a sense of adventure.... And as long as I have something to sit on or lean against, I'm IN :lolol:

It is what it is.

:thumbsup:
Someone was talking about acts doing Matinees for us old farts so we can enjoy a nice cup of tea and a sit down while listening to music.

I am increasingly, all for this option :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not for the first time Gormless Boy gets it totally wrong.

Beggars belief he is a mod
Morning Beachy.

I didn’t realise you were such a big fan of kids in black hoodies banging a drum. There’s a few up the road who might take you on. Just don’t show them your bus pass.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Morning Beachy.

I didn’t realise you were such a big fan of kids in black hoodies banging a drum. There’s a few up the road who might take you on. Just don’t show them your bus pass.
Yet again, wrong

Ashburton Army? From whence comes this name - used to spend a lot of holidays in this pleasant South Devon market town just off the A38 and in easy reach of most Devon attractions and Trago Mills.

Don't recall it being an Ultra hotbed and Exeter, Torquay and Plymouth are nearby if you want to watch (lower) league football .

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
In the news...

Wow, so shocked. Gobsmacked. Who'd have thought these ultra groups weren't a bunch of racist bigots.

They do so much for charity.

These clubs with shitty support, doing anything to generate some sort of noise. Fancy prioritising those that associated with racists/thugs - Palace and Arsenal should hang their heads in shame.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
quite a few of my tilers are Palestinian , they have been run out of their own towns by Israelis.......some on here need to check their priorities.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But you wouldn’t let your daughter marry one would you ?
Reminds me of an angry frank Harry Enfield sketch.

'I'm a man of this world. If my daughter brought home an Ultra, I'd say it's 2023, I don't mind black clad teenage thickos, we should be tolerant. But if she said he supported Crystal Palace, I'd say, oi, NO...'

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looked like a school outing today, embarrassing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More hilarity.

If any Brighton supporters set up anything like this, I will burn down their house. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here