[Albion] The Arsenal Golden Ticket Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd clicked the seats, then had a list of the seats and tried to change there, not sure if I'd move on or not really.

Right, I learned this the hard way. On that block seat layout page where you pick the seats, they are not yet in your basket!

Just click the seats, don't worry about age or allocation just get to the next page ASAP. Pick a car park, don't worry you can remove it later. Urgency required, just pick the seats, don't procrastinate, don't worry which is a better view, just click the bloody seats as quick as you can and click to get through to the next page - the next page is when they are into your basket.

Once into your actual basket page, the tickets are secured there for 20mins. You can then faff around with allocations, delete the car park space, you can even [continue shopping] and try to get more seats if you need them, those in your basket will be there for 20mins.

If any come up between now and the game, you have to do this, or someone else will nab them if you try to allocate ages or names on that seat selection page.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I did the same for the Saints game, chose print at him in error, quick call to the club and they resent the email with link to put in my 'wallet'.

Cheers just done that and fixed in a jiffy. Doing the booking on my mobile I selected mobile option but there was no button to move on and print at home was pre selected

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'd clicked the seats, then had a list of the seats and tried to change there, not sure if I'd move on or not really.

It’s only in your basket (which gives you some breathing space) after you have successfully clicked on “Buy”.

Before that you may have selected the same seat as others that are still dithering

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Right, I learned this the hard way. On that block seat layout page where you pick the seats, they are not yet in your basket!

Just click the seats, don't worry about age or allocation just get to the next page ASAP. Pick a car park, don't worry you can remove it later. Urgency required, just pick the seats, don't procrastinate, don't worry which is a better view, just click the bloody seats as quick as you can and click to get through to the next page - the next page is when they are into your basket.

Once into your actual basket page, the tickets are secured there for 20mins. You can then faff around with allocations, delete the car park space, you can even [continue shopping] and try to get more seats if you need them, those in your basket will be there for 20mins.

If any come up between now and the game, you have to do this, or someone else will nab them if you try to allocate ages or names on that seat selection page.

Very good advice. You can go back and book car parking later if you decide you want it so ignore that.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
That is correct until the match is sold out. Once the ticket exchange is open you can buy tickets in any area.

Thanks, hadn't realised that - he probably would have joined a ballot with other 1901ers if we knew that was the case.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
So what's going on when a section indicates there are seats available, you click Select to go through and select the seat, and they're all greyed out?
Has happened consistently for me this morning, apart from once when the only seat available was for a wheelchair user.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Thanks, got it. Do you get "Exchange Tickets" on that same page?

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Yes. Same page. The Buy button will go green, if you can go through to the stadium plan, stay there even if it's all black. Just keep refreshing.

Its a bit frustrating! I am "told" seats available in E1C by the website, but select that and no seats available at all.. refreshing constantly and nothing seems to change.. might have to call it a day..

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Its a bit frustrating! I am "told" seats available in E1C by the website, but select that and no seats available at all.. refreshing constantly and nothing seems to change.. might have to call it a day..

Yup, been having exactly the same issue. No idea why it's saying there's a seat when there is no seat. :mad:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yup, been having exactly the same issue. No idea why it's saying there's a seat when there is no seat. :mad:

I don't want to sound like the expert, but work is a bit slow and I seem to have had some luck getting tickets.

The reason it says there is a ticket available in E1C, but it doesn't appear there are any is because of the 20min basket holding process imho. Someone has gone through, selected that seat but not completed the purchase in all likelihood, the system therefore has a seat available even though you can't select it until that purchase has completed. That person with 1 seat in their basket may want 2 seats, and are waiting for another one before completing. If they don't get another one, they may not go through with it, and it will pop back up as available.

I would think that until the E1C seat has disappeared completely, I still have a chance of getting it if the person with it in their basket doesn't complete so I would be refreshing on the E1C block plan for at least 20mins. They may well buy it so you move on to the next chance.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Club response: sorry not sorry your have to go on ticket exchange and hope even though you did everything right and it was our error. We won’t even look at tickets coming back available to help you. Customer service just keeps getting worse!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Club response: sorry not sorry your have to go on ticket exchange and hope even though you did everything right and it was our error. We won’t even look at tickets coming back available to help you. Customer service just keeps getting worse!

What was the detail of what happened then? Any idea what caused the error? Were you through to the point of either paying from your balance or a card at that point?

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
What was the detail of what happened then? Any idea what caused the error? Were you through to the point of either paying from your balance or a card at that point?

Yeah all 3 tickets and parking secured, all added to tickets for season ticket credit to be used, registration added to parking, last final click and goes to screen that says ‘loyalty points need removing from order’ and wouldn’t let me book. Apparently only happened to 3 people and they are looking into it but sag they have sorted and won’t happen again. So I literally had 0% chance of getting a ticket!!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

#215 [emoji106][emoji6]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Grrrr been refreshtastic all afternoon and still can't turn grey into green.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Yeah all 3 tickets and parking secured, all added to tickets for season ticket credit to be used, registration added to parking, last final click and goes to screen that says ‘loyalty points need removing from order’ and wouldn’t let me book. Apparently only happened to 3 people and they are looking into it but sag they have sorted and won’t happen again. So I literally had 0% chance of getting a ticket!!!

As a gesture I would have expected the club to put the 3 groups that suffered this glitch into priority 1 for the next window as a goodwill gesture, given the fault was not with the groups.

It really annoys me when you are presented with the 'computer says no' excuse with zero thought on how to achieve a work around,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports