Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus getting their stories from NSC again

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I would seriously suggest amending the post THRK to remove the details of the cyber squatters

:wozza:

if you get my drift

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
the story about the newly born monkeys is more interesting

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Will Brighton and Hove Albion play in the Amex Stadium? From The Argus)

This is really crass and lazy journalism which could have been writen at any point in the last 10 years. Take one football club, add one building project, add the name of one of the biggest local employers, add no imagination whatsoever and put in oven to bake slowly.

Who actually cares. What about the Bill Archer Resurrection Ground

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Duke William invades Hastings - read all about it......

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
The "feed them a quite ludicrous rumour" scam has been played on the Argus but I'm reckoning it is high time for another since, in the absence of doing the news gathering job properly, there's an increasingly ridiculous reliance on NSC.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Obviously I'm going to defend The Argus but can I just point out that 1) it is an exclusive in that no other media have run it and 2) if you were a journo wouldn't you keep tabs on NSC for tip-offs?

I don't disagree, sir and respect your defensive loyalties but I would add...

1) "Exclusive" doesn't automatically equal rippingly good reporting.
and
2) You'd be mad NOT to keep tabs on NSC but doing the news gathering job properly involves rather more than copying and pasting chunks from it.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
This story was on SCR radio at about 6.00 yesterday evening also, primarily about the domain name being registered by Amex (or maybe not). Is it a true story or just a load of bs being concocted by NSC, the story seems to be feeding on itself.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I don't disagree, sir and respect your defensive loyalties but I would add...

1) "Exclusive" doesn't automatically equal rippingly good reporting.
and
2) You'd be mad NOT to keep tabs on NSC but doing the news gathering job properly involves rather more than copying and pasting chunks from it.

I would agree. A comical amount of the Argus's stories do seem to appear on this website first. Still, I guess that's what happens when the owners don't invest in enough staff to do the job properly.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Could someone have registered the domain as a joke, as was with the case with that fake Zamora article a couple of years ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here