Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Aprentice

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Lee put on his CV that he had attended a University Course for 2 years. Sir Alan's man checked with the Uni, and they confirmed that he had pulled out after just 4 months.

When the guy asked him directly at the interview about his Uni experience he repeated the lie. the guy told him he had checked, and he said 'well if you say it was only 4 months, maybe it was a bit less than two years, I'm not sure'.

He's a LIAR.

Yes. I know. I agreed with you.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How did Lee get away with that then?

Lucinda must have given a pretty crap interview if Lee told a bare-faced lie and got away with it.

Oct 25, 2003
to be honest i don't think lucinda wanted it that much, which was exposed both in her interviews, and also by a nice 'stab in the back' session from the other candidates

lee "wants" it and will give "undwud an ten percen'" and all that bollocks

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
A dyslexic one perhaps. I don't watch the show regularly and have only seen parts of a two or three - has this come out before? May also explain Lee's difficulties with formal education in general.
QUOTE]

but he's not dyslexic, he's a dishonest thick bloke...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A dyslexic one perhaps. I don't watch the show regularly and have only seen parts of a two or three - has this come out before? May also explain Lee's difficulties with formal education in general.

Would anyone really want to work in or manage a team that contained Claire (=Disruption.com)?

Sorry? I don't know a huge amount about dyslexia, but why should it be beyond the wit of a dyslexic person to click on the SPELL-CHECK button?

Surely if you were a sufferer, all the more reason to make sure of this?

Unless he read it as 'selpl ceckh' and didn't know what it was for?

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
A lot is being made of Alex who must be a fantastic salesperson because he has a commission only job which clearly shows he has guts

But imo that's rubbish - come on the guy is 24, and doesn't appear to have commitments as 'he walked away from everything to get this job"! Isn't he also the guy who went to private school for 14 years?! I bet he still lives at home with M&D!

Show me a 40 year old with a mortgage and a family who can be successful on this basis, and I'd conclude he must indeed be good

But a 24 year old who can afford to take risks like that?! No - just a thrill chaser or someone who doesn't care if he earns or not as he has a large trust fund to live off!

Clare, although not as good as Badger is definitely the best of the finalists and should win!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Talking of mistakes on CVs, I had one a couple of weeks ago, for a job we were recruiting for, where under 'strengths' some MORON, had put 'A good eye for deatil'.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Talking of mistakes on CVs, I had one a couple of weeks ago, for a job we were recruiting for, where under 'strengths' some MORON, had put 'A good eye for deatil'.

Mate, you should see some of the errors I've had from people wanting to be SUBS. For f***'s sake, you're applying for a sub editor role - and you can't proof read your own CV. Unbelievable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure you're right. Its just that if there was ONE word on her CV she didn't want to mis-spell it was that one, in that sentence!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
None of this year's contestants have been up to much.

Whoever wins it will be the 'least worst' of the bunch, IMHO.

Sorry? I don't know a huge amount about dyslexia, but why should it be beyond the wit of a dyslexic person to click on the SPELL-CHECK button?

Surely if you were a sufferer, all the more reason to make sure of this?

It's certainly interesting working with someone who's dyslexic. Basically, dyslexia is an inability to recognise words so Lee may not be able to determine whether he's run the spell check of not - i.e. if he thinks he has then he can't recognise that he hasn't by looking at the printed script, as you or I would be able to.

It was only a thought anyway and as I said originally, I've only seen parts of a couple of programmes. Dyslexics will struggle at school if the condition is not identified, have trouble spelling, may not be comfortable discussing the condition............................
Paranoia's another good one - some NSC posters regularly show symptoms of this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, dyslexia is an inability to recognise words so Lee may not be able to determine whether he's run the spell check of not - i.e. if he thinks he has then he can't recognise that he hasn't by looking at the printed script, as you or I would be able to.

So press the button again, if he's not sure.

Its an important document. Careless, at best.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing

Trouble is HKFC, even when you can spell properly, running the spell check offers a myriad of choices that sometimes you have to stop and think 'hang on is that actually right?'

If you were Dyslexic and already having trouble with words, I genuinely don't believe you would have the foggiest where to start to know if your word was even wrong in the first place.

However, if Lee was actually Dyslexic and not just thick or more accurately bad at spelling) surely an interview as important as that, where you can be fired for the simplest reason, would be exactly the place you would admit to it?! If you wanted the job so badly, and you knew you were being crucified for a spelling error, it defies belief that you wouldn't speak up!

But all that aside, unless he was number AND words Dyslexic, you can't get past the fact 4 months is not 2 years!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I once read a CV submitted at work which was very impressive, bar two important details - for all the time spent talking about their employment history and qualifications, the person in question had included neither their name or contact details.

:thud:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Out of all of them I'd give it to Alex, as I think he has the most potential, despite his lack of personality.
Claire is a one trick pony, has anyone else noticed that she talks in bullet points? If you collated everything she said over a five minute periond I bet it wouldn't actually mean anything.
Lee is a nice bloke and obviously capable, but can you really give a 100k job to someone who can't spell.
Helene is not worth talking about.

Certainly but my point was that if he believes he's already run the spell check then he won't notice that he hasn't by reading the CV.
One of my wife's team came up with something today about pro-forma CV documents that are required in some job applications - apparently the spell check may not work on these?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here