Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice is back!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like to think that coach trip was the worst day of Karen Brady's LIFE. I have no words to even describe the look of utter DISGUST she had on her face the whole time.

That facepalm moment from Karen was absolute CLASSIC! Those moments are what the apprentice is all about.

I had to turn the sound off a few times and close my eyes last night as I couldn't cope with it!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't watch it at times. My favourite bit

Sugar ''When someone asked what happened between Henry the VIII and Anne Boleyn you didn't know''

Blonde Girl ''I said they grew apart Lord Sugar''

Sugar ''Bit of an understatement. Her head grew apart from her body''

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Loved that bit when Karen told James one of the punters shouted 'Shut your mouth' and he replied 'I didn't hear that'.

It was a bit like then a TV interviewer quizzes a manager after the whole stadium has been chanting 'Sack the tw&t' and he replies 'I didn't hear those chants, was too focused on the match'.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Surely 'Wheels On The Bus' - a song aimed solely at two-year-olds - was even worse than 'One Man Went To Mow'. I know we're talking lesser of two evils here on a 'history' tour.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Surely 'Wheels On The Bus' - a song aimed solely at two-year-olds - was even worse than 'One Man Went To Mow'. I know we're talking lesser of two evils here on a 'history' tour.

Even allowing for the fact that James is clearly a complete prick, what the HELL was he thinking?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Did she actually say that!? I missed that she said photo! Brilliant.

In contrast - fair play to the pouty girl who did the other tour - she did very well.

I was in the Sandwich shop the other day and I think it was the Daily Star (one of the PROPER newsworthy papers anyway) who ran a story that pouty girl has been doing the do with James.

What was she thinking?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think Lord Sugar should have said: "In the spirit of this week's episode, I'm not just going to fire you...but you will be taken from this place to the Tower down the road and have your head severed off. Let this be a lesson to the rest of the house, this sort of deadwood will not be tolerated."

Ratings winner, if nothing else.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great viewing last night especially how they all turned on the project manager that actually won.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It all looks rather banal these days, they pick the most idiotic berks who are overstuffed with cliches and arrogance. Lord Sugar is just wheeled out briefly with a few pre scripted quips now and then and has his right index finger photographed in different light levels from several different angles. The Survivors struggle along trying to support their huge egos while dragging their brains behind them in a Houshold Matches size roller suitcase.
Brady and Hewer just frown and look puzzled and roll their eyes while the " candidates " desperately seek the warm glow of appearing to be in authority as each in rotation declares,that, they know the " Coach Trip/ Jacket Spud/ Bottled Water " business intimately. Absolute Bollix but compulsive viewing........ until the annual Kangaroo's dick eating competition seamlessly arrives.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It all looks rather banal these days, they pick the most idiotic berks who are overstuffed with cliches and arrogance. Lord Sugar is just wheeled out briefly with a few pre scripted quips.

Indeed. Almost on a par with the X-Factor in terms of pointless TV these days, the whole scripted end bit with Sugar "You have been a complete disaster and for that reason...(viewer expects the sacking)...I am going to expect a big, big turnaround from you next week" etc. etc.

100% better off watching Albion Night on Latest TV - we're currently 2-0 up against Blackburn in an evening fixture and the Amex looks packed, the away end less so.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I watch this program with keen interest - by trade, I'm a senior project manager with over 25 years experience and a wedge of qualifications to big it up.

I get really cross when they call the team leader a project manager - they might just as well call them a squadron leader or the conductor [of an orchestra].

In the real PM world, we focus on time, cost and quality and a fair bit of planning and risk assessment early doors, and then almost at the end of planning we consider resources. This week, they dived in with a sale price with no idea of their cost and teams split into sales and sandwich makers.

I have an immense dislike of pushy sales types - James "I'm gonna go in at 20% of the price" - Gemma "that would be embarrassing" and so it proved since the Heaver woman stuck to her guns in the face of car-boot-esque bartering.

Unfortunately, James-types seem to have zero self reflection of their own short-comings - Wheels on the bus - FFS

How he was not bought in, just because he done a job lot of t-shirts and key-fobs, auction style on the way home - I would have sacked him just for his gobby-ness.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I watch this program with keen interest - by trade, I'm a senior project manager with over 25 years experience and a wedge of qualifications to big it up.

I get really cross when they call the team leader a project manager - they might just as well call them a squadron leader or the conductor [of an orchestra].

In the real PM world, we focus on time, cost and quality and a fair bit of planning and risk assessment early doors, and then almost at the end of planning we consider resources. This week, they dived in with a sale price with no idea of their cost and teams split into sales and sandwich makers.

I have an immense dislike of pushy sales types - James "I'm gonna go in at 20% of the price" - Gemma "that would be embarrassing" and so it proved since the Heaver woman stuck to her guns in the face of car-boot-esque bartering.

Unfortunately, James-types seem to have zero self reflection of their own short-comings - Wheels on the bus - FFS

How he was not bought in, just because he done a job lot of t-shirts and key-fobs, auction style on the way home - I would have sacked him just for his gobby-ness.
James should have gone, he wasted time with pathetic "negotiation" at the first tour then his antics on the bus and generally irritating attitude towards everything.

Bianca being bought in was questionable, had they sold the tickets at full price they still would have been short of change and lost.
Gemma was useless, but not really entirely at fault for the lose of the tour....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

:d

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Haven't you just done exactly the same thing by glorifying your own project manager position with the word "senior" :lolol: :p

To be fair it is a project manager - they have a project and someone manages it. They tend do an utterly sh*t job because most of them are sellers or retailers who have no experience of working on any kind of project in the real world, either managing or under a manager.

The apprentice makes good TV because it's full of unnatural situations and it forces people into situations they know nothing about but are expected to perform to a professional level, then we can all laugh at them when they don't. They get a couple of days to do something that would usually take a long time to grow organically and they have to do it without any of their own previous resources, or support over the phone or from the internet.

I've worked under plenty of crap project managers who think forwarding client e-mails and knocking up a few spreadsheets constitutes managing a project! I tend to find the best ones have had some practical experience so they are able to spot pitfalls early on and get a good idea of how long everything should take and see where the potential snags are which in turn keeps a lid on cost. The ones that don't tend to be the e-mail forwarders. To be fair I've worked with plenty of very good ones as well. That is all in the context of IT, I guess managing construction is a different beast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here