Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice 2024

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, this years bunch of hopefuls are so far demonstrating how clueless they are.

A business away day with no alcohol. Fishcakes made with crumble (meant for the rhubarb) instead of bread crumbs. Over cooked toad in the hole.

Zero planning.

A catastrophe.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Is it me or do the girls seem utterly, utterly inept every episode, every year, but they still somehow get away with it?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That was a shock and so unjust, the departee’s crime was that along with a dozen others across both teams he lurked in the background.

The idiots who got made the abseiling last an age, also no alcohol, were the causes.

The female PM was also shocking. Diabolical kitchen, she hid behind a cabinet.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
That's certainly the impression I've gotten but I don't always get the chance to see it.
If I cared enough I could probably check which team had won the first episode over the years (I guess either of us could do that if we wanted :lolol:) but I always get the impression that both teams are so useless early on that it's pretty much random which team wins.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If I cared enough I could probably check which team had won the first episode over the years (I guess either of us could do that if we wanted :lolol:) but I always get the impression that both teams are so useless early on that it's pretty much random which team wins.
Indeed, and that was borne out by this very task.

The girls made a mess of almost everything, yet they still deservedly won easily. The PM picks the loch package and then ducks out because she can't swim. They didn't feed their guests any edible food whatsoever as the fish was made with crumble mix and the crumble was raw inside and burnt on the top. The wheeler dealer woman who faced up to her worst fears and took on the loch tour guide role.basically saved them.

As for the boys, where to start? Utterly shit from start to finish. Absolutely incredible that the PM was not kicked off. Even his choice of colleagues for the board room was atrocious.

For me, Sugar undermines the credibility of the show by failing to boot him off because I don't think in 18 years there has been a project that has failed so badly and for which so much of the fault lay with the PM.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed, and that was borne out by this very task.

The girls made a mess of almost everything, yet they still deservedly won easily. The PM picks the loch package and then ducks out because she can't swim. They didn't feed their guests any edible food whatsoever as the fish was made with crumble mix and the crumble was raw inside and burnt on the top. The wheeler dealer woman who faced up to her worst fears and took on the loch tour guide role.basically saved them.

As for the boys, where to start? Utterly shit from start to finish. Absolutely incredible that the PM was not kicked off. Even his choice of colleagues for the board room was atrocious.

For me, Sugar undermines the credibility of the show by failing to boot him off because I don't think in 18 years there has been a project that has failed so badly and for which so much of the fault lay with the PM.

But I still like the programme and this will evolve into a love over the series. We’ve always watched it for the incredible incompetence and bitching once the females start hating each other :D .

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm the suspicious type, so I may be a mile off - but an event manager who makes a total absolute shambles of an event, as project manager, and actually loses money in catastrophic fashion, isn't kicked off in favour of someone who just blended into the background.

What could have kept him in?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm the suspicious type, so I may be a mile off - but an event manager who makes a total absolute shambles of an event, as project manager, and actually loses money in catastrophic fashion, isn't kicked off in favour of someone who just blended into the background.

What could have kept him in?
I was stroking my chins at this as well. Virdi, as PM, was about as bad as it gets. Absolutely no direction on the budget, terrible delegation, a bone-headed decision to eschew alcohol for the lunch, and completely f*cked up on the timing of the groups arrival, causing the lunch to be a total disaster. He was more interested in promoting his pitiful "MC Skillz" throughout.

But no, lets sack Ollie, who didn't do much, but was hardly the reason for the utter clusterf*ck that unfolded.

Oh - but Lord Alan thought Virdi "had balls" for taking on the PM role, and he liked that. Even though he f*cked it six ways from Sunday and caused a loss. Well gee whee. Is that REALLY why he stayed in the process ? Hmmm.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
The whole process is a stitch up from start to finish. The firing decisions are not based on the tasks but which business idea Sugar thinks he can make a few quid out of in the end game.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The whole process is a stitch up from start to finish. The firing decisions are not based on the tasks but which business idea Sugar thinks he can make a few quid out of in the end game.
That’s basically it. I’m not convinced that the win for the girls was particularly justified. Their guests didn’t get a bite of edible food, but they only requested a 40% refund, compare that to the boys team that suffered a 52% refund????

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That’s basically it. I’m not convinced that the win for the girls was particularly justified. Their guests didn’t get a bite of edible food, but they only requested a 40% refund, compare that to the boys team that suffered a 52% refund????

It’s worth remembering that the boys basically held their guests hostage at the end.

“We really need to leave in 5 minutes”

“Ah well unfortunately we have 30 minutes of dancing for you.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here