Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The AMEX

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
'Tarquin :lolol: and his jolly friends' have been doing that since day one of the Amex, and I'm sure I saw some cucumber sandwiches unwrapped at Withdean and the Goldstone! But I guess you only care now because the results on the pitch are not going our way?
If I was to use your logic I would tell you to stop moaning or eff off and watch pal•ce every week, their fans are really noisy and most are probably dole claiming scummers to boot. Not many Tarquins but plenty od Nigels!

Never saw a cucumber sarnie anywhere near the Goldstone, maybe a few towards the end of the Withdean era, probably preparing themselves for the new home. Why would I want to go and watch Palace? I have been watching the Albion for many years.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This **** again?

Our teams performance is not affected by whether or not the away fans get local beers. All the things the club do to welcome fans, home and away, should be applauded.

Christ, you'd think people want us to be like Millwall or something.

More to the point, if you spend so much time worrying about what the away fans are doing or thinking or drinking or whatever than watching your team I'd suggest seeking some sort of professional help. Maybe ask one of the middle class types around you, they might do you a poor mans deal or something.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Well, that's obviously because the proper fans have still got to finish their shift down the Hove pit, before necking a Tamplins Party Seven or two and beating up the wife with a rolled up Argus.

Very true. I don't ever remember seeing these cucumber sandwiches that our sole resident clog-wearing son of toil says that he saw at Withdean either. But then my top hat often fell off whenever we scored, knocking out the monocle.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Their view of the day is undoubtedly coloured by their (easy) win, but Boro fans seemed to appreciate it, and feel that their own club should be doing more to be like us:

http://oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=6639

Having enjoyed a great afternoon out at Brighton on Saturday, it got me thinking.....The hospitality shown by them was first class, posters thanking the fans for travelling 633 miles, guest ales from the away fans region, an attempt (all be it ill fated) at making parmos, free travel by bus or train to the stadium from the local area even applause from the home fans for the away attendance figure. The bars stayed open after the game so that fans could mingle, compared with most away experiences, we were all very well looked after.

Now I've never been in the away end at The Riverside, has anyone got any idea how we treat the away fans, do we look after them or resent their presence?

At the end of the day, football is a commercial enterprise and it's all about bums on seats, the away pound is as good as the home pound, how do we as a club fare?

Boro have at least made an effort with the open bar near to the East stand, certainly we mingled and chatted to Birmingham fans but as a comparison to The Amex well a different story all together.

However perhaps it is such an effort to get into The Amex then that could be a reason why Brighton seem so away fan friendly.

However it was greatly appreciated

Brighton made us feel more welcome than I can recall any team doing in all my years watching the Boro , and we could probably learn a lot from them.

I know we have the family enclosure and are trying to attract in families but I was struck on the park n ride by the large age range / families etc on their buses also , and again there maybe lessons for us as a club there too

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29624410

Dortmund have the right idea. What a club.

Why are tickets cheap? Football is part of people's lives and we want to open the doors for all of society. We need the people, they spend their hearts, their emotions with us. They are the club's most important asset."
It is a phrase that many clubs use, but two stories demonstrate why it is, perhaps, far more than words here in Dortmund. In recent months, the club's caterers asked them to increase beer prices for the first time in three years. But Dortmund said no.

"What is the economic sense for the club to increase the price by 10 cents?" Cramer added. "For the overall economic success of the club it is not important to increase the price of a litre of a beer. It is still money, but not a lot to the club. But it does affect our fans, if they are spending their money match after match."

When I was young, we all watched English football, the Kop and said 'yes, that is what football is all about'," he says.
"Now, when we go to English football, the stadiums are quiet and we say that it is actually quite boring. If you price people out, you change the atmosphere. If you price people out, it isn't the people's game anymore."
get and email that to barber.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
get and email that to barber.
Cutting beer to £3.50 a pint rather than £4.20 (or whatever it is now, I've stopped buying it...) would cost c. £200K per year. I don't think we can afford to do that while losing shedloads of money in the Championship. It should be a manifesto promise for when we get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here