Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex will send us down

Feb 14, 2010
Doubt it. The Amex is a library.

No its not. Ask away fans, its actually louder than most grounds. When was the last time you watched an average Championship game without Brighton in it? As for noise, then the West Stand in full voice is as loud as anywhere. Again, negative drivel from NSC. I saw Leeds v Coventry in the Premier League. The away end half empty and Elland Road Road was quieter than a church on a monday morning.

Jan 30, 2008
To complacent at home, too many "fans" not creating a fortress. The club only to happy to make it a nice day out for opposition fans and players. Other teams love coming here they hated withdean.
Especially when people start clapping the away attendance , biggest cringe of the Amex
regards
DR

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No its not. Ask away fans, its actually louder than most grounds. When was the last time you watched an average Championship game without Brighton in it? As for noise, then the West Stand in full voice is as loud as anywhere. Again, negative drivel from NSC. I saw Leeds v Coventry in the Premier League. The away end half empty and Elland Road Road was quieter than a church on a monday morning.

How often is that then? Typically, they're about as loud as the West Stand at the Goldstone used to be, and about as much a source of embarrassment. And then they have the cheek to bitch about the volume of noise coming from the North Stand, which is about a sixth of the size of the West Stand. Pretty shameful really.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We all hated Withdean. And it was not a fortress, with an intimidating atmosphere, was it?
Did we, all of us? I certainly didn't
I actually enjoyed most of it. The ground makes no difference if.the.team is good enough, besides, you should be happy to watch OUTSide play at your local rec

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How often is that then? Typically, they're about as loud as the West Stand at the Goldstone used to be, and about as much a source of embarrassment. And then they have the cheek to bitch about the volume of noise coming from the North Stand, which is about a sixth of the size of the West Stand. Pretty shameful really.

Not as shameful as your attempts to constantly put the club down . It isn't galatasaray on a top European night but it is no where near the bottom half in our division .

Keep on knocking everything

Feb 14, 2010

Really mate you need to start watching football at other clubs around the country. The Amex is pretty good. Palace love their Ultras but if they were in the same boat playing Wigan on a Tuesday night in a Championship relegation scrap then they would be lucky to get 11,000 in after giving tickets away. You really have no idea how lucky Brighton are with its support.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really mate you need to start watching football at other clubs around the country. The Amex is pretty good. Palace love their Ultras but if they were in the same boat playing Wigan on a Tuesday night in a Championship relegation scrap then they would be lucky to get 11,000 in after giving tickets away. You really have no idea how lucky Brighton are with its support.

I know well enough what I'm hearing at the Amex. And most of the time it's like a library or Reading or something. For sure we're damn lucky to have the venue. Pitifully quiet overall though.

Jan 30, 2008
You have point there but the types we seem to have attracted or the club would like to see are more than happy to sit the devoid of any real emotion
regards
DR

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I know well enough what I'm hearing at the Amex. And most of the time it's like a library or Reading or something. For sure we're damn lucky to have the venue. Pitifully quiet overall though.

Stop listening and start singing then

Feb 14, 2010
You have point there but the types we seem to have attracted or the club would like to see are more than happy to sit the devoid of any real emotion
regards
DR

Mate the world has moved on from when we were kids. All seater grounds, all sorts of reasons. If you are saying 30,000 in the Amex isn't half as good as 30,000 at the goldstone, then agreed. But we have no choice but to move forward. Personally Id like the lower east to be standing. Would be superb but its not my call.

Jan 30, 2008
Mate the world has moved on from when we were kids. All seater grounds, all sorts of reasons. If you are saying 30,000 in the Amex isn't half as good as 30,000 at the goldstone, then agreed. But we have no choice but to move forward. Personally Id like the lower east to be standing. Would be superb but its not my call.
it's not quantity it's quality IMHO ,what you can see happening now is the clued up fans wising up and voting with their feet, JCL season ticket holder no shows , crowd levels leveling off to a far more realistic number , just remember the 18k atmosphere against donny, never been repeated since even with bigger gates:wink:
regards
DR

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
the OP has a point. Our home record is awful, our win rate at home since we moved there is just not good enough, Visiting teams do not worry about coming to the Amex at all, they never have done, its a day out by the seaside for most of them and they love it. If our home form does not improve soon it will relegate us and that is a fact.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
it's not quantity it's quality IMHO ,what you can see happening now is the clued up fans wising up and voting with their feet, JCL season ticket holder no shows , crowd levels leveling off to a far more realistic number , just remember the 18k atmosphere against donny, never been repeated since even with bigger gates:wink:
regards
DR

Make your mind up. Is it clued up fans or JCLs? I can think of better atmospheres at the Amex than the Donny game. It started off well with all the free flags, got nervy when Donny went ahead and only took off in the last 10 minutes.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I actually think you have a point. The Amex should be a fortress, but it isn't. Which is a real shame.
A winning team lays the foundations for a fortress. Without that, the atmosphere is always going to be crap.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Doubt it. The Amex is a library.

As is almost every other ground in this division for the home support. Norwich barely made a peep today just like 95% of the teams we visit. That is English football unfortunately not the Amex. Under Poyet the atmosphere was easily in the top 6 in the division.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Do you all remember a couple of seasons ago we were playing plackpool at home , and a seagull kept flying round the stadium. Every part of the stadium tne seagull went that whole stand shouted seeeggulls.... wel the players wouldnt of known the seagull was there as they were concerned with the game, but they heard a lot of noise. What was the score that day ? O yea 6-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here