Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex atmosphere

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
For various reasons, Saturday was only my second visit to the Amex. My impressions were
1. A great build up of the atmosphere before the match, songs to sing along with, absolutely brilliant
2. Loved it that the Coventry fans also joined in with the songs
3. Loved the blonde Gully's girl who was swaying her nicely shaped posterior in time to Sussex by the Sea as the players came out
4. It felt like a festival, more than a football match in the build up, and that's fine by me, it was brilliant.
5. Loved the Harveys

Only things I didn't like were:
1. The gap of about 1 minute between the end of the musical build up and the players coming on: they should build the music up and back it onto the players arrival and GOSBTS
2. It took a long time to get out of the stadium (not the car park, trains etc: from my seat at the front to get outside)

Generally just amazing, and I still can't get over that we have got ourselves a big grown up stadium. I did get quite emotional

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Only things I didn't like were:
1. The gap of about 1 minute between the end of the musical build up and the players coming on: they should build the music up and back it onto the players arrival and GOSBTS

Normally they show a montage of clips from FA semi final, Virgo, Storer etc but for some reason they didnt. See Lord B video screens thread. So it was a bit out of kilter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
2. It took a long time to get out of the stadium (not the car park, trains etc: from my seat at the front to get outside)

Thats what comes with having a big, grown up stadium. Pretty small price to pay though innit.

I can't get enough of the place.

gizza25

Swedish Seagull
Jan 17, 2011
Lövestad/Sweden
Will have my first visit on the 2 January against Southampton. Reading comments like this only makes me more excited and cant wait to experience it! I also will be a little emotional im sure!

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
You should have been there for Spurs & nessum dorma. Spine tingling. The Donny last minute winner & flags. Unbelievable. But for atmosphere Leeds was out of this world

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A lot of people on here don't realise quite how much NOISE we make at the Amex for a HOME crowd. The amount of times our away fans say "cor, wasn't it quiet at Ipswich/Millwall/Bristol City/etc". That's the norm. The Amex has a very good atmosphere.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The atmosphere on Saturday was alright, not great but alright. I think nerves have been getting to the fans, and we will need to sustain a decent run of results before we stop sitting on our hands.

I thought the gap was also stupid, not sure if it is always like this?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You should have been there for Spurs & nessum dorma. Spine tingling. The Donny last minute winner & flags. Unbelievable. But for atmosphere Leeds was out of this world

This.

Leeds was immense, i only hope we are as loud when i come home for the southampton game on the 2nd!

D

Deleted member 2719

A lot of people on here don't realise quite how much NOISE we make at the Amex for a HOME crowd. The amount of times our away fans say "cor, wasn't it quiet at Ipswich/Millwall/Bristol City/etc". That's the norm. The Amex has a very good atmosphere.

This.

We have a lot more to come to.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The atmospherE on saturday was not great but speaking to a few seperate groups of Cov fans after the game they all brought up the fact how good the atmosphere was.

Though 2nd half the crowd were much better but the team didnt match us

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Couldn't go to Spurs as I was away on holiday. Have to agree about Leeds & Donny. Normally sit in East family with daughter, she was unwell for Donny game so the club switched my ST to Upper West, I waited and waited on the concourse before going into the stadium, As I walked in The noise and full stadium with flags waving was truly awesome and brought tears to my eyes, it may have been a 14 year wait, but when you see the stadium you realise that it was bloody well worth waiting for!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think that if the team is playing poorly/defensively against average opposition then the crowd noise is always going to be about what we had Saturday or for Barnsley.

I know its not ideal and people can moan about it but the players effort/skill on the pitch does affect the noise coming from the stands in a big way.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
East has been getting worse too, or maybe at least not as good as first few games, that what happens when you aren't brave enough to stand on your own with people around you not singing. Singers are too interspersed, is it like that in other parts of the ground? What can you do, section off a part and only have ST's for singers only, would it work?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
wsu block h the atmo has been getting worse each week? ???come on lads lets get this place rocking again:albion2::albion2::albion2:

I thought it was better than in recent weeks last Saturday but Albion Dan is right when we are defending for long periods (ie. for all of the most recent games) it makes it a lot harder than if we have Noone/KLL charging down the wings.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When the side actually have a bit of sustained pressure I think the crowd are excellent but it has been so sporadic of late.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
atmosphere isnt helped in the norf by the fact that very often there are 2 different songs going on at the same time.
still 10 times better than withers though :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here