Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Always Ultras - utter embarrassment to English football

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber doesn't have jurisdiction in Brighton. The police are the ones who have the power to stop and search.

There's only one group to blame for last night and that's Palace fans. Even their own are blaming them.
Yes indeed.

At first I thought we had a serious failure with the fan search procedure, but it seems the firecrackers got in with the goons who charged the barriers.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I saw two dogs, spaniels I believe.

I commented I'd never seen sniffer dogs at the Amex before and I was told they were there for pyro purposes.

Surprised you haven't seen sniffer dogs there before as the police have them outside the South Stand every match.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
we is going to come to your town and really scare you,our gang is going to all dress in black and we will bring paint and stickers,nigel has also got some bangers and smoke bombs,so be scared brighton cause we is ultras. nigel aged 13

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
Can we not describe from what I saw a bunch of schoolkids as Ultras.

We are know what real Ultras are about and these chumps are not that.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Quite so. The stewards need training on:

a) How to select people for searching

b) How to search properly & effectively, if you are going to do it.

I was subjected to a search at the Everton home match as at other games, a 60 yr old on his own just carrying his coat, but they didn't look at the multi pocketed coat and just gave me the 10% pat down on the arms and sides of the body. We had words before and after, I told them that if I searched someone like that in my job, I would be sacked on the spot. Do it properly or not at all, and use some sort of profiling skills for gawds sake!

'The Fifth Column

My questions are:

Do the stewards actually know what they are searching for and why?
Are any of them sufficiently trained to perform more thorough proper searches?
Why are the club ignoring the FA's guidance on performing only random searches in most home areas?

These are genuine questions, I mean seriously what is the point of searching my 80 year old Dad and 49 year old wife in the family stand? Why not save time and effort and focus those searches on those most likely to fit the profile of someone likely to carry something they shouldn't be?'

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The searching at the Amex is a total farce, its really nothing more than a token gesture with the sole purpose of making it look like security is important and giving the right impression. It basically consists of a disinterested steward quickly and lightly wiping his or her hands on your arms and torso occasionally squeezing a pocket and mumbling "mobile phone", "keys" or something similar. If you have a bag they have a quick peek inside without really searching it and squeeze it in random places looking at you quizzically as they try to guess whats inside like its some kind of fecking lucky dip game! You look back at them and mutter, "Kids drinks mate", "Large bag of revels fella" etc and in you trot.

I'm extremely confident that if I possessed such items and was so inclined I could smuggle pretty much anything I wanted into the stadium so it really is no surprise that pyros and rook scarers were so easily brought into the stadium particularly as they were probably brought in by the dozens of ticketless palace that forced their way into the away end. I have to say the scale of those explosions was genuinely concerning and in the current times we live in totally unacceptable. That they continued throughout the match should not have been allowed without at least some sort of intervention, and on this I think the club and stewarding have failed massively and ought to be held to account. I'm not going to blame the police because they don't have responsibility for what happens inside the stadium and will generally only get involved if serious disorder occurs and at the request of the club/stewards. Ultimately though the people to blame are the moronic Palace fans that created the entire scenario and they should be identified, sought out and face charges for public order offences not to mention assault and anything else appropriate.

I think the club failed in its duty of care for all the law abiding and peaceful fans of both clubs tonight, they should admit this and apologise.

Think this crticism is over the top. First time I have seen trouble at Amex and sure club will learn from it. From what I saw police did a very good job. There would have been mayhem if they had gone into crowd . They also made right decision to avoid overcrowding and they must have had there hands full dealing with genuine supporters not allowed in. As far as pre match searches are concerned I am happy with what is in place and shouldnt change because of a few idiots last night. I would not be interest in going to game where i had to join a huge queue and be searched for 5 mins

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Think this crticism is over the top. First time I have seen trouble at Amex and sure club will learn from it. From what I saw police did a very good job. There would have been mayhem if they had gone into crowd . They also made right decision to avoid overcrowding and they must have had there hands full dealing with genuine supporters not allowed in. As far as pre match searches are concerned I am happy with what is in place and shouldnt change because of a few idiots last night. I would not be interest in going to game where i had to join a huge queue and be searched for 5 mins

Sorry meant never seen trouble

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite so. The stewards need training on:

a) How to select people for searching

b) How to search properly & effectively, if you are going to do it.

I was subjected to a search at the Everton home match as at other games, a 60 yr old on his own just carrying his coat, but they didn't look at the multi pocketed coat and just gave me the 10% pat down on the arms and sides of the body. We had words before and after, I told them that if I searched someone like that in my job, I would be sacked on the spot. Do it properly or not at all, and use some sort of profiling skills for gawds sake!

'The Fifth Column

My questions are:

Do the stewards actually know what they are searching for and why?
Are any of them sufficiently trained to perform more thorough proper searches?
Why are the club ignoring the FA's guidance on performing only random searches in most home areas?

These are genuine questions, I mean seriously what is the point of searching my 80 year old Dad and 49 year old wife in the family stand? Why not save time and effort and focus those searches on those most likely to fit the profile of someone likely to carry something they shouldn't be?'

If I wanted to cause trouble at a football match, using a woman or oap would be the the ideal person to smuggle something in.
As both of those descriptions, I don't mind being searched. It makes me feel safer.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
If I wanted to cause trouble at a football match, using a woman or oap would be the the ideal person to smuggle something in.
As both of those descriptions, I don't mind being searched. It makes me feel safer.

That is pure fantasy, in reality these young punks don't need OAPs male or female to do their dirty work for them, they have no respect for the law or stewards.

Last edited:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Funny how they didn’t have these problems whilst in the championship. It’s almost like ... gasp ... they are a bunch of bandwagoners.

To be fair, I suppose most of them would’ve only been 10 back then.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Pathetically quiet weren’t they. I think their silly fire crackers more or less silenced their own fans. Fools. Back fired on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
200 fans without tickets jump the turnstiles putting two stewards in hospital and people moan about flares and bangers finding their way into the ground?

Have a day off will you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When you witness how security is organised and carried out at venues and stadiums up and down the country it beggars belief more terrorist incidents don't occur. Most organisations or individuals don't have the first clue what security is or how to achieve it.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Palace fans playing victim when their own fans caused this.

One guy on twitter (not affiliated with either club just a bit of a pikey it seems) says good on them for forcing their way in without a ticket because "wish there were more fans like that in this country instead of doing everything you're told my authorities"

So honest hard working people who paid for a ticket and transport miss out but it's okay because **** the authorities trying to tell people what to do ???

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Barber doesn't have jurisdiction in Brighton. The police are the ones who have the power to stop and search.

There's only one group to blame for last night and that's Palace fans. Even their own are blaming them.

Does have say in and around ground though these So called safety checks are a joke . Pat down never had to show any thing if U want to smuggle things in u can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
200 fans without tickets jump the turnstiles putting two stewards in hospital and people moan about flares and bangers finding their way into the ground?

Have a day off will you.

Exactly.

No coincidence that those being blamed for jumping the turnstiles (Holmesdale fanatics), were where the majority of flares/bangers came from.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Without going all PPF, I've heard they got the run around down the seafront earlier, which ended in a few of the ultras getting a shoeing on the pier and a few other Palace fans didn't end up in the best of states either .

:wink:
Regards
W

Surely not?!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm sorry but all this "sack the safety officer", "this shouldn't happen" etc etc, it's worked very well up to now, do we need to turn The Amex into a High Security Prison when Palace come to town, the only people to blame are the mindless idiots who charged the gate. Just imagine if someone had suggested a ticket check on the perimeter, then a herding area during which you strip down to your undies for a search etc, we'd all be crying this morning because it took two hours to get in the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here