Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Watching the game on tv, I saw a bloke with a Liverpool shirt on in their 'Main Stand'. Probably wasn't the only one.

Also saw what looked to be someone clapping Liverpool's third in the stand behind that goal.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It was 2-0 ?

Ahh, wishful thinking! I meant the second.

Funny how they thought they were the best fans in the league and then couldn't produce much without a drum and crap Euro chants.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Can somebody please explain something to me.

If the Always didn't renew their seats, expecting to be moved behind the goal.
Surely CPFC offered the Always seats up to those next in line on their Season Ticket waiting list.
Therefore, as with the AMEX, it would now be impossible to relocate 20-30 fans together, due to their high capacity of S/T uptake.

No, the vacated seats at the bottom of block B were offered to existing season ticket holders who wanted to move there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good idea. When I draw up the agreement, perhaps you could help me with the spelling.

If you think the post you quoted contains a spelling error you certainly need the help. Luckily you're dealing with the Ultras so crayons and words of one syllable should do the job. HTH.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
If you think the post you quoted contains a spelling error you certainly need the help. Luckily you're dealing with the Ultras so crayons and words of one syllable should do the job. HTH.

download (1).png

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
One of the biggest additional costs is that the stand is going to continue to be used during construction, similar to the approach Liverpool took with their building of their new Main Stand.

It would be far cheaper to just knock it down and rebuild in one hit.
I worked with the structural engineering firm that designed that. Same firm as designed Albions.

Liverpool's fortunately had decent sub and superstructure, which meant the risks could be managed. Not sure who Palace have appointed for the structural design, anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Crystal Palace Chairman Steve Parish said, “We need a stadium that reflects who we are, how far we have come and where we want to go – a stadium that south London can be proud of, a home worthy of our incredible support and unique atmosphere and this great Premier League we represent. At the heart of it will be a new Crystal Palace.”

Ooops. :ffsparr:

Quite surprising that reputable firms such as these are willing to get involved in a project with CPFC 2010 Ltd. Would have expected it to be more Mr O'Reilly and his boys doing the building work and some salt of the earth traveller folk in charge of tarmac. Cash up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst you chuckle away at your joke, you do realise it’s the same bunch that designed both your ground and training centre? :D

Then i guess you're gutted you've not used it yourself.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You’d be better off wiping the egg from your face rather than keep digging.

It was mentioned on here ages ago that KSS are the same firm that we used. The egg is on the faces of the Palace fans who have continually mocked the design of our stadium.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’d be better off wiping the egg from your face rather than keep digging.
Oh God yes you are so right, I'm deeply deeply ashamed.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

They are architects - the crumbling existing infrastructure won't be their problem. That will rest with the structural engineers to solve.

Just looked at the KSS website, there are some beautiful images of their stadium work. The palace pics are understandably not featured on the home page or on the projects page. The link you provided take you to some very poor looking attempts. If planning has been agreed it demonstrates the desperation to have some investment in that area - how sad

I'd be gobsmacked if any new stand ended up looking anything like those images. I'd be even more surprised if a new stand was built at all mind you

Ahh - just googled and Mott Macdonald are the multi D designers. Looks like KSS were brought in to provide some kudos early on for planning, then pass on to general infrastructure designers. It explains the images. I'd imaging very many problems for MM to solve, many changes, increasing costs, multiple changes to planning submission and an ongoing process. Perhaps there's a plan to use this to demonstrate that they can't do anything with selhurst to push again for another site.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
"Crystal Palace Chairman Steve Parish said, “We need a stadium that reflects who we are, how far we have come and where we want to go – a stadium that south London can be proud of, a home worthy of our incredible support and unique atmosphere and this great Premier League we represent. At the heart of it will be a new Crystal Palace."

Why then is he only building one stand and not a ground that South London can be proud of, as he stated in that comment above.
Mind you he did state the ground should be worthy of their incredible, support well I think he will achieve this, a new toilet seat on a dirty old toilet does reflect the club Mr Parish

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here