Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Listened to last saturdays (or should that be fridays) show yesterday....very entertaining guest....have you anyone lined up for the coming show? Then you can again avoid discussing our recent performances :)

This would be preferable......but unlikely

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Really enjoyed the show with Gary Chivers. Listened on the way to work this morning but needed to mention the stat about the Bristol Rovers crowd when both Al and Adie said the crowd was 14k, I always thought it was 19,800. Didn`t we also get 25000 for the Arsenal match that season?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really enjoyed the show with Gary Chivers. Listened on the way to work this morning but needed to mention the stat about the Bristol Rovers crowd when both Al and Adie said the crowd was 14k, I always thought it was 19,800. Didn`t we also get 25000 for the Arsenal match that season?

The point I was making about crowd was that football in the 80s was on the decline - a rotting corpse, uncared for by chairmen and the FA, unloved by the fans, picked over by an over-enthusiastic police force with the approval of their political masters, and vilified (with a certain amount of justification) by the press. Face it, the Fourth Estate never missed a chance to stick the boot into that rotting carcass lying by the side of the road.

It all culminated in Hillsborough.

However, I agree about the crowd size thing. I remember the Bristol Rovers game as just shy of 20,000. Did I say it was 14,000? Ooops.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Listened to last saturdays (or should that be fridays) show yesterday....very entertaining guest....have you anyone lined up for the coming show? Then you can again avoid discussing our recent performances :)

No, it was Saturdays.

And as for discussing recent performances, you don't really get a chance when Gary Chivers is in the room, he has so many stories, I hope we get him in for another show, he has so many more to tell.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
The point I was making about crowd was that football in the 80s was on the decline - a rotting corpse, uncared for by chairmen and the FA, unloved by the fans, picked over by an over-enthusiastic police force with the approval of their political masters, and vilified (with a certain amount of justification) by the press. Face it, the Fourth Estate never missed a chance to stick the boot into that rotting carcass lying by the side of the road.

It all culminated in Hillsborough.

However, I agree about the crowd size thing. I remember the Bristol Rovers game as just shy of 20,000. Did I say it was 14,000? Ooops.

Sorry I wasn`t having a pop and got the point about the decline in crowd figures. Going back to the Bristol Rovers game I`m sure Sussex were playing West Indies so took in the morning session on the way to the football. What a day that was.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
While I'd always ask people to listen in to the show anyway, I'd say this week's show is worth a listen in.

We had Tracy Doe and Tammy Waine from the BHAFC Women's team, and Tracy's enthusiasm and ambition for them is pretty impressive. She has it in mind for them to be up there with Arsenal and Liverpool within five years, and but for bureaucracy, believes they could be there sooner.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
While I'd always ask people to listen in to the show anyway, I'd say this week's show is worth a listen in.

We had Tracy Doe and Tammy Waine from the BHAFC Women's team, and Tracy's enthusiasm and ambition for them is pretty impressive. She has it in mind for them to be up there with Arsenal and Liverpool within five years, and but for bureaucracy, believes they could be there sooner.

I have downloaded it and will listen when travelling home from work later today.

The Roar is on my list of 'must have' podcasts that I subscribe to each week via Downcast (an excellent App).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Saving it for a boring work day....manage to talk avoid talking about the last three games? :)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
By the way this weeks AR with David Burke is terrific. The detail and explanation of how the club find and source players, his obvious love of the club as a lifelong fan, and nailing those myths that Oscar/Nathan etc have "no say" means its a must listen. Good work Ady/Alan.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
By the way this weeks AR with David Burke is terrific. The detail and explanation of how the club find and source players, his obvious love of the club as a lifelong fan, and nailing those myths that Oscar/Nathan etc have "no say" means its a must listen. Good work Ady/Alan.

Funnily enough that was how I heard it too. It seems clear that whether we are happy with the results or not that pretty much no stone is left unturned in our search for players.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here