Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
A preview of the match before it's been played, this might catch on?! Excellent Saturday morning listening to get us into the mood. Good work, I hope to be listening next Saturday morning as well?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No need to do a show this week the one you have just done reviewing the 2 previous games seems to fit in with the Blackpool game quite well

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
not to mention a guest who saw all 46 league games last year

Yes that. And as such is BEST placed to comment on last years efforts, so when he said it was along the lines of "largely boring" then you LISTEN.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Continues to be a fantastic show, and always my first listen on a Monday morning. Well done chaps and thanks for giving up your time to bring a valuable broadcasting service to us customers!

However, the intro and outro music is both awful, uneccesary (what other pods have intro music?) and ridiculously loud. Makes me jump every time I listen and it blasts through my headphones on my gentle stroll to work.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Continues to be a fantastic show, and always my first listen on a Monday morning. Well done chaps and thanks for giving up your time to bring a valuable broadcasting service to us customers!

Thank you. Most kind.

However, the intro and outro music is both awful, uneccesary (what other pods have intro music?) and ridiculously loud. Makes me jump every time I listen and it blasts through my headphones on my gentle stroll to work.

Well... we could snip it off the beginning and the end for the podcast, but the protocol for a radio show is usually to have an intro and outro. We'll sort out the volume levels accordingly.

You are, however, dissing a Northern Soul classic...

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Thank you. Most kind.

Well... we could snip it off the beginning and the end for the podcast, but the protocol for a radio show is usually to have an intro and outro. We'll sort out the volume levels accordingly.

You are, however, dissing a Northern Soul classic...

By all means, don't change it if it is only me that has an issue with it. As it is your show you're entitled to do what you want with it, just my opinion that it's uneccesary or at the least too long and loud!

Sounds like I'm moaning, and I suppose I am! But I honestly have upmost respect for you both in taking the time to do this every week and sourcing excellent guests. Recently Peter Brackley was great as was Gary O'Reilly - got the sense that he loved the sound of his own voice a little too much though!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
By all means, don't change it if it is only me that has an issue with it. As it is your show you're entitled to do what you want with it, just my opinion that it's uneccesary or at the least too long and loud! Sounds like I'm moaning, and I suppose I am!

I'm teasing. You're not moaning, it's a valid point, though and we can always look at it again. As long as we don't go one second over 59'30", we can fill it (within reason) with what we like. Radio Reverb give us that amount of editorial freedom.

But I honestly have upmost respect for you both in taking the time to do this every week and sourcing excellent guests. Recently Peter Brackley was great as was Gary O'Reilly - got the sense that he loved the sound of his own voice a little too much though!

Brackers was great, and we intend to have him back on with Gary Richardson (he, among other things, of the sports bulletins on the Today programme) some time in the near future.

Gary O'Reilly was a funny one. A bit serious (in a 'serious artist' way), but knew his stuff. But we went to the pub afterwards, and he was relaxed and fine - he's more than happy to talk about his collection of mullets from back in the day. As much as I was feeling a little bit tense about that one, he texted me the next day to say he really enjoyed it. People, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here