Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion posts losses of £14.7m

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Pretty much any time the the finances has come up, El Presidente has been putting a figure of around 14-15m as his expected loss.

He's Barber in disguise!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Clever accounting with FFP coming in I would imagine

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Puts a lot into perspective doesn't it? I for one am happy with the approach we are taking, and it challenges a lot of the short-term panic that people have been posting in recent days. Forget FFP - we are reliant on TB as things stand, and like any investor (Fan or Not) he needs to see the Club make it's own efforts to survive and prosper and that is why the training complex, the development of younger talent that can be sold on if necessary feels like a good plan and is ultimately more important than promotion last year, this year, or indeed the next few years.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow! Front-loading costs I hope so that we meet FFP when it matters.

I await for El Pres' expert opinion but I don't think you can do that very much in company accounts - it has to show what you spent in that specific trading period.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I bet we put a load of losses into last season's accounts so that this season looks better in the books.

Companies do this all the time, the problem will come in trying to do it the year after.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
The only way clubs are going to meet FFP is to have a cap on wages, I know it will never happen but it's the only way to make them a more sustainable business.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe Gus was right all along... we have hit the ceiling. :moo:

Well Gus managed to up the playing costs from £14.8M to £20.9m last season, so if he was looking to do the same again, I suspect he may have been disappointed.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Do the accounts include the highest paid Directors? They often do.

I heard the loss figure a few days ago as well as comment on the size of the CEO's package. Remember this is the first set of accounts to reflect Barber's remuneration. I am not saying this accounts for a major part of the increase, but remember his job is to deliver financial stability.

PG

D

Deleted member 22389

Puts a lot into perspective doesn't it? I for one am happy with the approach we are taking, and it challenges a lot of the short-term panic that people have been posting in recent days. Forget FFP - we are reliant on TB as things stand, and like any investor (Fan or Not) he needs to see the Club make it's own efforts to survive and prosper and that is why the training complex, the development of younger talent that can be sold on if necessary feels like a good plan and is ultimately more important than promotion last year, this year, or indeed the next few years.

I completely agree. That proves why we shouldn't be going out spending millions on players, because if it had backfired next year those accounts would be doubled. Just shows you doesn't.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Worth reading the peice on the official site, adds a bit more to the story

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The Premier League created this ****ing unsustainable spiral. Shocking. Irrespective of clever accounting the whole business model of football outside of the Premier League is screwed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here