Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Fan Mosaic - INSTALLED!!!

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
how can anyone be negative about this??? the artwork and construction of the mosaic looks first class and second to none, this really is special. took my breathe away when opened the thread, guys you have worked so hard and really well done to you both. the scene is stunning, but the most unbelieveable piece is every individual photo, that makes this mosaic means something special to someone, surely the very small cost that people paid is completely overlooked by the scentimental meanings and worth. cant fault any aspect, well done

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
god knows why that guitar is in my last post, my apologies

3 question marks together = ???

Absolutely stunning work.
I hope that the people that don't like it (for whatever mental reason) don't go in the bar for fear that actually seeing it may make their head explode.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it really a problem if two people have or have not made a profit out of this.

They had the idea, they put a massive amount of hard work into the project which gave the opportunity for EVERY fan to put a little bit of themselves into our stadium which, like the stones, will always be part of our stadium, as well as remembering those who will never set foot there. It also gave fans who have lost somebody a happy place to remember them.

At the end of the day a decent donation has been made to charity, an original piece of artwork has been produced for all fans to see and in most cases admire and if two fans have earned a wage producing it then so what. In my eyes everybody has won.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great effort guys well done

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well a big thumbs up from me. Especially knowing that my (late) father is in there as well as my two children who have never even been to England!

I Will look forward to showing them the picture one day when they're a bit older. I think I might not tell them they're on it and give them the surprise of their life when they spot themselves! :lol:

I agree, I sent a picture in of a good friend and lifelong Albion fan who sadly did not make it to Falmer. Anyone who thinks this picture is anything but worthwhile should have spoken to my friend's mother and sister who were genuinely touched and delighted that their son/brother would be remembered this way.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think you should probably read what I've put. I don't think anyone is being ripped off for anything in fact I've applauded the "making hay whilst the sunshine attitude".

I'm just pointing out that people on this board have slated the club for trying to make a quick buck by producing a one off shirt and the 100 bob paving slabs when this mosaic which couldn't have cost more than £500 to produce yet has raked in a damn site more than that has been openly wanked over.

Personally I'd rather line the clubs pocket than Dave and Steve's.

You work for nothing don't you...if they make a profit good luck to them. Are you jealous that they came up with a good idea and made a few bob or do you expect them to make a loss just to appease you?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Great stuff. The wording on the plaque is perfect too, strikes just the right balance. For a while a year or so ago it looked like my dad might not get to see the stadium. I can only begin to imagine how those who have lost Brighton supporting loved ones in recent years must feel when they see and read that. Top, top work lads.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Everything positive that everyone else has already written. Nuff said. :bowdown:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Great work and a very big thank you from me too.

Can't wait to see it and have a nose to see who else I recognise on it.

A great, great idea and well executed by the looks of it.

Well done Warren and Tim!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sorry to piss on peoples chips but I'm struggling to see what is amazing about it?!?

Just think it's a bit strange that people are wanking over something that is not that great that anyone could have produced for very little outlay for a commercial benefit when people have universally panned the things the club have done to earn a quick buck.

You sad, strange little man. :nono:

Sandaza's Nose

Jan 3, 2011
So what if they made a profit from doing this?! They f***ing deserve it after all the hard work that has been put into it. I think it looks brilliant and wish I had got round to submitting a picture. Well done fellas, top work.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Do explain why it's drivel?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people and their entrepreneurial skills, but I'm struggling to see how this is any different to the club trying to make a buck out of the fans with the one off shirt or the paving stones, both of which people have claimed to be a rip off.
I think the answer is that most people thought it was a nice idea and that the £10 was 'value for money' as opposed to the shirts and the stones which people thought were 'overpriced'. That's certainly my view and it explains why I'm part of the mosaic but didn't buy a paving slab and certainly won't be buying a replica shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here