Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion and Southern Trains

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
SASTA couldn't respond when taking off the trains on the Seaford line, a young disabled chap was told his wheelchair was too big for the replacement bus service.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36772492

He was told he could order a taxi, but when struggling the next time, the phone call went through to some office miles away, who hadn't got a clue what he was talking about.

Once upon a time you could order a taxi for someone and just get it off the local rank, then some BRIGHT spark decided to change it and anyone wanting a taxi had to go through a firm in LOUGHBOROUGH who would then compare quotes from different companies before sending one of them to do the job. At times it took hours and resulted in trains being cancelled as the crew couldn't be WHISKED out to Hove or Lewes for example locally but it's ok as someone made a few bob out of it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a standard set in regulations that requires buses to be capable of carrying wheelchairs of a particular dimension. The same standard and dimensions apply to taxis.
I can't see how calling a wheelchair accessible taxi would solve the problem.

Don't tell me, tell Sam Taylor. I couldn't find the Argus article which had a bit more detail.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here