Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
If we want him and he wants to come here then just for a change it would be nice to see the club act fast.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we want him and he wants to come here then just for a change it would be nice to see the club act fast.

Or, perhaps, the Clayton deal is where it is because the club have been acting (quietly and professionally in the background as always stated).

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
sounds like we are in a poyet/briddcut situation:

unsettle the player, make him sulk at his present club and eventually we win the game and get him at good price.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Or, perhaps, the Clayton deal is where it is because the club have been acting (quietly and professionally in the background as always stated).

No Bozza you know very well we dont know what were doing, have no money and Bloom Barber and Burke are doing everything they can to ruin us ;-)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why the hell won't hudds allow us to speak to him. Absolutely disgraceful.

Mainly because we've not had a bid accepted (that i'm aware of) but also it's known that they want a replacement lined up before they lose him - its why the Butterfield+cash deal for Hudds was fine for them - they got a replacement for Clayton and some money in the bank. It seems that Clayton's decision has left 3 clubs confused, angry and set back their transfer dealings a week or two.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

All the more reason to strike while the iron is hot.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
All the more reason to strike while the iron is hot.

Not so simple, boro don't want to let Butterfield go til they have a replacement, Hudds won't let Clayton go til they get Butterfield or a replacement.
The deal could still be rushed through if we were to pay over the odds, but we won't and I'm glad we won't.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
69 pages for Clayton? WTF. I'll be honest I'm actually not that bothered now it's gone on for a ridiculous length of time now. We need to move on other options rather than waiting and being left with nobody, especially after Kemys awful performance on Saturday.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I thought we bid the same as boro?

As far as I know (gleaming it from Twitter and the HT forum) there could be two bids from Boro - one that is cash, one is cash + Butterfield. I don't know which or both have been accepted but apparently Butterfield was ready to move and they were just waiting for Clayton to have his medical and agree terms...but this hasn't happened. I've no idea what we've offered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here