Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hardly the best way on endearing himself to his new club, if he signs for Middlesborough. Makes him out as a bit of a mercenary if he pitches up here as well.

Footballers eh!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Because he's playing against U21 players so it's relative. He played no worse than any of the other midfielders today and put in some cracking passes into the box.

Also worth mentioning he plays much further forward with England which is his preferred position. He's much better as a number 10 than a holding midfielder.

Some sense here

JFC is not a rubbish footballer and such comments on here just seem to reflect the utterly knee jerk shit on NSC tonight. However I do think he appeared far too lightweight last season to warrant a starting berth. He is young with clear potential but strikes me as the type of player that's often characterised our youth team prospects in the past - skill without stature or strength. Certain games just bypassed him in the middle last year, or he got brushed aside easily

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe we could contact Middlesbrough, ask them to forget about Clayton and we buy Butterfield directly from them instead? Clayton can then stay and stew in Huddersfield.

Leonardhead

Nov 2, 2012
The way I read the Huddersfield statement, the "other club" they refer to is Middlesbrough and no other clubs are involved at this stage...... I could be wrong.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Just seen on twatter than Huddersfield have sacked their manager. That is all

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not great they have sacked Robins.
Although the statement from the huddersfield last night suggests Clayton is going somewhere anyway

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Mark Robins departure might have muddied the waters a bit.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Not now Mark Robbins has been sacked by " Uddersfield "

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I suspect it wasn't Robbins driving through the selling of Clayton, so not sure his departure will change things, in fact they will want to give the new man as much budget as possible before the end of August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here