Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
One good season doesn't make him Championship quality I'm afraid. He isn't consistent enough. His goal scoring profile is poor for a striker. He only managed double figures once before and that was league 2.

What does make a player Championship quality. ? Interested to know.
As one of the criteria i imagined for a Championship "quality" striker was "Playing regularly in the Championship". and "Scoring goals"

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
One good season doesn't make him Championship quality I'm afraid. He isn't consistent enough. His goal scoring profile is poor for a striker. He only managed double figures once before and that was league 2.

Judge him when the season ends.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

15 is superb for a team that got relegated , obviously the players around him weren't so good either .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What does make a player Championship quality. ? Interested to know.
As one of the criteria i imagined for a Championship "quality" striker was "Playing regularly in the Championship". and "Scoring goals"

:lolol: You do make a good point, I have to concede!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You remind me of someone folding his arms and standing there saying, I've made my mind up and won't change it.

All this before the season has even kicked off!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You remind me of someone folding his arms and standing there saying, I've made my mind up and won't change it.

All this before the season has even kicked off!!
You remind me of one of those posters who doesn't read posts probably and and then try and put words into peoples mouths.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We have signed good players who are quality. Ir's the way you & Icy Gull are interpreting the purchases not the players themselves.

Ok, on what basis are you making your judgement?

Toko looks solid, but all we know from his highlights and Southampton is that he is prone to diving in. In reality we have no idea if he is good enough.

O'Grady one good season, but perhaps that is a turning point and we've got a gem, but as we stand no Barnes.

Hughes? Just don't agree based on what I've seen over the years.

Stockdale easily the best signing and as per my post I believe a 'like for like' replacement.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
i can only hope burke insisted that clayton looks at our training facility and go 'this or Middlesbrough.' easy answer Shirley.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok, on what basis are you making your judgement?

Toko looks solid, but all we know from his highlights and Southampton is that he is prone to diving in. In reality we have no idea if he is good enough.

O'Grady one good season, but perhaps that is a turning point and we've got a gem, but as we stand no Barnes.

Hughes? Just don't agree based on what I've seen over the years.

Stockdale easily the best signing and as per my post I believe a 'like for like' replacement.

I'm willing to give them a chance and see how they get on, unlike other posters who have decided they are already woeful.

Algie, you are stubborn and you know it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i can only hope burke insisted that clayton looks at our training facility and go 'this or Middlesbrough.' easy answer Shirley.

Weigh up our superb training facility and then think about whether you have to move 250 miles, changing houses (for a vastly more expensive one) and uprooting the family/girlfriend, or being able to stay where you are and commute for an hour a day.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm willing to give them a chance and see how they get on, unlike other posters who have decided they are already woeful.

Yes you are right and I really hope O'Grady comes out firing......

But you didn't answer what you've based your judgement on that they are 'good signings'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes you are right and I really hope O'Grady comes out firing......

But you didn't answer what you've based your judgement on that they are 'good signings'.

Their past experience. Three years ago we had a team of mainly League 1 players who still managed to get to 10th place. In other threads, I am reading that we're going to be in a relegation battle with the signings that we've got.

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea
Weigh up our superb training facility and then think about whether you have to move 250 miles, changing houses (for a vastly more expensive one) and uprooting the family/girlfriend, or being able to stay where you are and commute for an hour a day.

but its Middlesbrough...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Their past experience. Three years ago we had a team of mainly League 1 players who still managed to get to 10th place. In other threads, I am reading that we're going to be in a relegation battle with the signings that we've got.

We won't be relegated or be in a battle, but we need to progress each year, and as we stand we won't, but we have 3 weeks plus to sort it and storm to the title.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Find any of my quotes where i said i'm not giving O'Grady a chance and basically written him off? I pointed out to you that his goal tally over the years isn't very good and certainly not consistent. Once again you have decided to post drivel that i didn't say.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Find any of my quotes where i said i'm not giving O'Grady a chance and basically written him off? I pointed out to you that his goal tally over the years isn't very good and certainly not consistent. Once again you have decided to post drivel that i didn't say.

You state that he isn't Championship quality before he has kicked a ball in anger for us. That's appears to be writing him off imo.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You state that he isn't Championship quality before he has kicked a ball in anger for us. That's appears to be writing him off imo.

You said he was Championship quality and i replied by saying one good season doesn't make him so. Most of his career was spent in League 1 and 2 where he only managed double figures once and he is about 28 now. Not that it matters but the only other club(going by papers) that showed interest in him were Sheff Utd in league 1.
Of course i want him to do well and hopefully got a bargain for 500k. If we want promotion or aim that high then we really have to raise our standards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here