The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Latest Argus is that Clayton is going to Middlesborough... This pm!

Appears that Middlesbrough have matched our offer and got their marquee signing. Not surprising really if the personal terms are on par with what we had offered. Middlesbrough in the old days was another football club in Yorkshire.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Hard not to get frustated.

I hope the fans forum gets some answers and doesnt chat about needless nonsense

Nah. I reckon Ward's agent will give in to our wage structure, Clayton will come to his senses and Bristol City will take the Baldock money and the three of them will all be sitting there in the front row in shiny orange kits eating chicken balti specials and sipping the new improved Harveys out of the new two pinter.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You forgot to mention that we lost £14.7 million last season.....................

This is true, but had we gambled on getting to the Prem when it was in sight last January we would have been significantly in pocket.

I understand the cautious approach but sometimes you have to go with gut instinct, not with a principle carved in stone that was designed three years ago.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Something tells me the Clayton "move" was something of a smokescreen for someone else. Just a hunch. No inside info at all.

I'm hoping that is the case. Then reality hits home when you think about how long the Ward deal has been dragging on and now Baldock. Is it a smokescreen with just a few days to kick off? Something tells me it isn't.
We lost out to Boro who average less than 16k crowd. Somehow they have maanaged to spend 4 million already and built up a very strong looking squad READY for the first match of the season.
I'm bracing myself for another final day rush in the transfer market before it closes. Sitting there waiting for Big Ben to strike at midnight......

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm hoping that is the case. Then reality hits home when you think about how long the Ward deal ha been dragging on and now Baldock. Is it a smokescreen with just a few days to kick off? Something tells me it isn't.
We lost out to Boro who average less than 16k crowd. Somehow they have maanaged to spend 4 million already and built up a very strong looking squad.
I'm bracing myself for another final day rush in the transfer market before it closes. Sitting there waiting for Big Ben to strike at midnight......

It's a smokescreen to hide the tumbleweed

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is true, but had we gambled on getting to the Prem when it was in sight last January we would have been significantly in pocket.

I understand the cautious approach but sometimes you have to go with gut instinct, not with a principle carved in stone that was designed three years ago.

Ah, you prefer the Pompey Manoeuvre?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stop fooling :lolol: Pompey is the extreme example. Grabban and Conway would have a good bet then, and in hindsight now.

We agreed a fee with Bournemouth for Grabban, he then used our offer to negotiate a pay rise from them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, you prefer the Pompey Manoeuvre?

There is obviously nothing in between? Is it unreasonable to expect the club to strengthen rather than weaken the team whilst they spout PLR spin in every press interview? Only a club sycophant would believe that the current player situation is not something to express concern over. It has absolutely nothing to do with "doing a Pompey" just questioning why we seem unable to find replacements for the players sold or released.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Something tells me the Clayton "move" was something of a smokescreen for someone else. Just a hunch. No inside info at all.

I will go to bed tonight with that thought, something I had thought about myself, but are our lot that clever, have we done this before.

I really do hope you are right

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
There is obviously nothing in between? Is it unreasonable to expect the club to strengthen rather than weaken the team whilst they spout PLR spin in every press interview? Only a club sycophant would believe that the current player situation is not something to express concern over. It has absolutely nothing to do with "doing a Pompey" just questioning why we seem unable to find replacements for the players sold or released.

Nail. On. Head. The club sycophants who see nothing wrong in the club's current player acquisition strategy are, IMHO, delusional.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports