The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
It'd be shit in the Premier League anyway. Sometimes the journey is more exciting than the destination.

Excellent. Sums up exactly how I feel. I would love this to be on the backdrop to the Q&A session at the forum tonight! Or the mission statement on the new club shop livery!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Once we'd added Ulloa and Upson then yes. So it was better for half a season. i.e a starting XI of

TK

Bruno (when still good) Greer Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Vicente Hammond
Lua Lua Ulloa Buckley

was possible

FAR better than what will start on Saturday now.

I don't think there was ever a point when Bruno was still good and we had Upson and Ulloa. And those two couldn't have played with Vicente on more than a handful of occasions

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the current climate with parachute payments and clubs flouting FFP to scramble over pretty average championship players like Clayton I think developing our own players is more important than ever.

Dunk, JFC, March, Ince, Walton and even Buckley all have long term deals and look more than capable first team championship players.

Where the club do seem to have slipped us is allowing so many first team players to leave over the last 2 windows while other clubs without our FFP principles compete with us for signings. I think we will be scrambling around on deadline day.

Which clubs are flouting FFP?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Excellent. Sums up exactly how I feel. I would love this to be on the backdrop to the Q&A session at the forum tonight! Or the mission statement on the new club shop livery!
:lolol:

At least it would be honest!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think there was ever a point when Bruno was still good and we had Upson and Ulloa. And those two couldn't have played with Vicente on more than a handful of occasions

I was asked if the squad was that good. It was.

Compare my XI there to

Stockdale

Bruno Hughes Greer Chicksen
Toko Crofts JFC
Buckley COG CMS / Lua Lua

Bench: Dunk, Casper, Lua Lua / CMS, Calderon (covering both full back positions), the other midfielders.

The only position we have improved on is Stockdale. Toko might or might not be better than Bridcutt, not seen enough of him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Once we'd added Ulloa and Upson then yes. So it was better for half a season. i.e a starting XI of

TK

Bruno (when still good) Greer Upson Bridge
Bridcutt Vicente Hammond
Lua Lua Ulloa Buckley

was possible

FAR better than what will start on Saturday now.

Yet only one player in double figures, and that was 11 for our highest scorer.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
So the vast majority have complied with FFP?

Only if reported losses are covered by an equity investment. It will be interesting to see how many clubs from 13/14 are within FFP, require equity to avoid breach, are beyond FFP limits and those with parachute payments.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In the current climate with parachute payments and clubs flouting FFP to scramble over pretty average championship players like Clayton I think developing our own players is more important than ever.

Dunk, JFC, March, Ince, Walton and even Buckley all have long term deals and look more than capable first team championship players.

Where the club do seem to have slipped us is allowing so many first team players to leave over the last 2 windows while other clubs without our FFP principles compete with us for signings. I think we will be scrambling around on deadline day.

I agree. So why pay a fee and £10k a week on a 28 year old left back from Wolves when we have Chicksen.....
We seem to spend money in the wrong Areas...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So the vast majority have complied with FFP?

OK, so if everyone has complied with FFP, why are we losing out to non-parachute clubs with lower incomes for our targets ? Especially with a 8million+ cash windfall this year.

Something doesn't make sense here.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hard not to get frustated.

Signed Stockdale , everyone happy and thought here we finally go. Its a bit late to integrate in the first game fully but ho hum , FFP , World cup , others the same . . . We can accept that.

Thenon Sat the Argus(which only prints truths) says 3 to sign everything looks positive and with the 10 million in and only 1 ish mil out there is suddenly talk of top 6 again.Some even mention top 2

Then follows 3 full energy sapping days of near deals , rumours but ultimately no deals.Our whole pre season can be summed up in whats occured Sun to Today.

3 full days until kick off and we are back in the mire. Shitty pre season even by the most rose tinted person.

I hope the fans forum gets some answers and doesnt chat about needless nonsense

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Hard not to get frustated.

Signed Stockdale , everyone happy and thought here we finally go. Its a bit late to integrate in the first game fully but ho hum , FFP , World cup , others the same . . . We can accept that.

Thenon Sat the Argus(which only prints truths) says 3 to sign everything looks positive and with the 10 million in and only 1 ish mil out there is suddenly talk of top 6 again.Some even mention top 2

Then follows 3 full energy sapping days of near deals , rumours but ultimately no deals.Our whole pre season can be summed up in whats occured Sun to Today.

3 full days until kick off and we are back in the mire. Shitty pre season even by the most rose tinted person.

I hope the fans forum gets some answers and doesnt chat about needless nonsense

There will be those on here claiming it's been BRILLIANT. I bet they can't wait to get a tour of the Academy, down three pints of Harvey's and discuss quite what an exciting prospect Adam ****ing Chicksen is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports