The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Don't you think our midfield ranks are covered for the time being? Surely this week we should be getting a goalkeeper...

Is there not dome doubt over Stephens and possibly Crofts being ready for the start of the season? That and the loss of a couple of others in the middle does leave us a bit bare if we suffer any other injuries

Stumpy Tim

Is there not dome doubt over Stephens and possibly Crofts being ready for the start of the season? That and the loss of a couple of others in the middle does leave us a bit bare if we suffer any other injuries

True, but rather than spend a seven figure fee surely we would simply get a loan to cover that? We wouldn't be signing Clayton to cover a month or two.

We're going to be well-stocked with central midfielders that's for sure. Toko, Ince, JFC, Stephens, Crofts, Clayton... 6 players for three spots

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Surely Clayton is seen as the attacking midfielder we need? I would say a new signing is required for that position to compete with JFC.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I bumped into Clayton in a discotheque the other day. I asked him if he had any desire to play for the Albion. He grabbed me and shouted "hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me!(in no particular order)".

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
True, but rather than spend a seven figure fee surely we would simply get a loan to cover that? We wouldn't be signing Clayton to cover a month or two.

We're going to be well-stocked with central midfielders that's for sure. Toko, Ince, JFC, Stephens, Crofts, Clayton... 6 players for three spots

On the assumption no one is leaving.....

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

2 players for each position is about right isn't it?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I saw Adam Clayton in town the other day. He was swaying side to side whilst walking, he must have Vertigo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
There is a "rumour" we are after Clayton and Baldock - neither of which may be true.

Sami says we are after a goalkeeper and centre back.

Which of these are the most likely to be true?

I'd say Sami's quotes would be more accurate, I reckon a 'keeper will be signed this week and the centre back just after the Spain trip...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports