Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Academy Awards

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The big night is almost upon us, probably the greatest entertainment event of the year, where we find out who the big winners are and who everyone will be wearing. Anyone else planning on staying up for the big night?

Hoping for plenty of British success and knowing the passion we have for the Oscars I am sure they'll hear the roar for any gongs we win all the way from Hollywood. Plus of course the anticipation of Harry and Megan presenting the gong for best picture. :ohmy:

Saw Richard Arnold this morning who was like a child on Christmas Eve, bursting with joy, and said the atmosphere in La La Land is already electric even 3 days before the big night.

:O

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Rich egotistical ********s, living in fantasy lands patting themselves on the back, occasionally picking a left field film or performer to show how inclusive they are, it is bollox, it is not called an industry for nothing.....

Utter shite.....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think over the last year, the Bond movie was the only new movie I saw but I'm sure there were plenty of shite superhero movies.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I painted my dining room walls before Xmas. I'm going watch to see if it's fully dry. More exciting.

If not, the grass is growing pretty quickly so that's a fascinating watch.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
The big night is almost upon us, probably the greatest entertainment event of the year, where we find out who the big winners are and who everyone will be wearing. Anyone else planning on staying up for the big night?

Hoping for plenty of British success and knowing the passion we have for the Oscars I am sure they'll hear the roar for any gongs we win all the way from Hollywood. Plus of course the anticipation of Harry and Megan presenting the gong for best picture. :ohmy:

Saw Richard Arnold this morning who was like a child on Christmas Eve, bursting with joy, and said the atmosphere in La La Land is already electric even 3 days before the big night.

:O

Has there been a day when you haven't started a thread in the last year?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A Crodo thread and, especially the worthy engagement, is a testament to the willingness of fools to take an absurdity on face value.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The best thing about the Oscars is that it's always on at don't-give-a-fook'O-clock, so completely passes me by.

I wish ALL award ceremonies were on in the small hours, by law.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And I bet The Power of the Dog is absolutely all over this borefest. Without a doubt, comfortably the DULLEST film I have seen in years. I was chewing my own arm off at the shoulder after half an hour of that dreck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here