Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The 3 for the drop ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m not looking outside the bottom 3 as the table stands at the moment. Maybe Wolves can rally if they can score again and Bournemouth might drop in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I said Wolves, Bournemouth and Forest in the beginning of the season and see little reason to change that despite Bournemouth starting really well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
none of them losing touch with 17th yet, Forest showed they have some fight in them and Leicester has too much quality. still wide open.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bmuff haven’t lost since Liverpool away I believe.

That’s some run, I thought they would be the whipping boys, I don’t think they will be in trouble
We've seen newly promoted teams start strong in the past and then fall off a cliff when squad depth turns more important from the winter months onwards, and Bournemouths bench is just... not great.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Perm any 3 from about 10 clubs this season - including ourselves. It's pretty wide open
This.

It's distorted this season because e.g. Fulham (yet again ..... it was bound to work out eventually) and Forest spent mega money.

Bmuff were the only low spenders.

Should TB cash in on Trossard in January, that would deprive low-scoring us of almost our one sauce.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We've seen newly promoted teams start strong in the past and then fall off a cliff when squad depth turns more important from the winter months onwards, and Bournemouths bench is just... not great.
Interesting to see what changes if anything this season as the stronger teams lose more players to the World Cup while the lesser teams get more rested players……

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds, Wolves, Forest. All struggle to score goals without conceding more.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We will be in the mix but Leeds, Wolves and Saints will go down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This.

It's distorted this season because e.g. Fulham (yet again ..... it was bound to work out eventually) and Forest spent mega money.

Bmuff were the only low spenders.

Should TB cash in on Trossard in January, that would deprive low-scoring us of almost our one sauce.
Hopefully TB at some point will acknowledge that it's not all about the wage structure. He's playing at the top table and - much as he might not like it - he has to adjust his game plan accordingly. And yeah it's not my money to spend :bla: :bla: . Not my major investment at stake through lack of investment in quality in the final third either :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hopefully TB at some point will acknowledge that it's not all about the wage structure. He's playing at the top table and - much as he might not like it - he has to adjust his game plan accordingly. And yeah it's not my money to spend :bla: :bla: . Not my major investment at stake through lack of investment in quality in the final third either :shrug:
We, the supporters, have it appears an air of nonchalance that the White/Biss/Tross/MacA/Caicedo conveyor belt will continue ad infinitum. It won't. Ashworth and Potter/MacAuley would have full knowledge of the ins and outs, the sauces, the scouts. I expect the Saudis and Chavski to start hoovering up unknowns in Latin America etc.

In an ever increasing money league, I think TB will eventually have to invest in a scorer or two (it may be in midfield, who knows?). It'll incredibly hard to achieve his dream of top half beyond 2021/22, without goals. The top 7 places are as good as sewn up by the mega spenders come May, then West Ham and others under the radar are investing vast sums in fees and wages. A tough ask.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We, the supporters, have it appears an air of nonchalance that the White/Biss/Tross/MacA/Caicedo conveyor belt will continue ad infinitum. It won't. Ashworth and Potter/MacAuley would have full knowledge of the ins and outs, the sauces, the scouts. I expect the Saudis and Chavski to start hoovering up unknowns in Latin America etc.

In an ever increasing money league, I think TB will eventually have to invest in a scorer or two (it may be in midfield, who knows?). It'll incredibly hard to achieve his dream of top half beyond 2021/22, without goals. The top 7 places are as good as sewn up by the mega spenders come May, then West Ham and others under the radar are investing vast sums in fees and wages. A tough ask.
I agree with all that but still feel we could finish 7th with this squad. Newcastle are the worry there though and they are only going to get better I suspect.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with all that but still feel we could finish 7th with this squad. Newcastle are the worry there though and they are only going to get better I suspect.
I haven't given up, yet, but crikey we need a striker who can tuck some of these half-chances and corners away.

In 5.25 seasons, the only proper solution we found was April to early Sept 22, with a midfield 5 on fire. Seems like a while ago now.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The only worry I have is how tight the league currently is. A couple more poor results and even we could be dragged in. Still hoping for a mid table finish but with the change in management I'd be happy to stay up and build afresh for next season with DeZerbi's own additions. It might be a bit negative but if we lose our main source of goals in Trossard in January, it could be a long winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here