Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 25 & N25, 28 & 29 Bus Services

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Thank you all for your insights.
Amex to Brighton Uni showed 43 mins but Bolney Rd comes up at just 18 - appreciate the tip.
The 49 at the start of it's journey looks possibly the best of the options.
Do you just show the bus driver your digitial ticket or is there a card reader ?
How does it work with unmanned automatic barriers at train stations ?
It occurred to me hours after my original post that I had subconsciously assumed you (or anyone you're with) wouldn't have any mobility issues but having thought more about it, that was a curt reply and it's wrong of me to assume you or your group wouldn't have any impairments and I apologise for any offence caused.

When you get on the bus, you show the driver your ticket and then go and take a seat. Personally, I think the 49 is the best option and it's what I have regularly done. It's a nice walk when it isn't raining and it's very straightforward. There's a pinch point when you're passing the queue of people waiting for the train back to Brighton but as soon as you're past the queue the path opens up nicely and there's plenty of room. There are no toilet facilities though, so if you're anything like me then you're best advised to go before you leave the Amex.

The train station barriers will be open due to the volume of people going through but you may need to show your ticket, you may not. Have it to hand just in case and you'll be fine.

Sep 29, 2017
Portslade
For reference the 49 stop is in blue and the Ruby 24 stop in red
In addition to @Cotton Socks comment you can just get a 24 from the woodland side of Coldean Lane direct to town via Lewes Road
As others above suggest, the 49 is probably the best of the 2
1680102101704.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here