Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 2022-2023 Loanee Tracker Thread

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Watched Sima first and he played 62 minutes for Angers as they won against Montpellier. He played ok. Then Connolly played 58 minutes for Venezia (who are 1-0 down with a minute or two to go). He looked unusually strong in a few duels, think he might have gained some strength, but overall wasn't involved much.

Zeqiri scored for FC Basel in the Swiss league. Haven't seen the goal but was supposedly a pretty meh one. Still, we take that. If he keeps up like he has so far, I think they'll use the option to buy him next summer.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Just had a report on Karbownik at fortuna duesseldorf from a client

he made his first start at LB on saturday night for them apparently, and impressed with his pace and skill in a 3-1 victory but is considered "quite small" by German league standards

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Scherpen plays for Vitesse v Utrecht - lost 1-0

I was at this game. Scherpen is an absolute GIANT. Didn't look comfortable the whole game unless catching the ball and was lucky he didn't concede more. He didn't take the goal kicks either (perhaps an injury?). He did however, make one fairly impressive save, where his height made it look more comfortable than it actually was.

Kozlowski also played. He wasn't particularly noticeable and was substituted just before the hour mark.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just had a report on Karbownik at fortuna duesseldorf from a client

he made his first start at LB on saturday night for them apparently, and impressed with his pace and skill in a 3-1 victory but is considered "quite small" by German league standards

LB! After all that wanting to play anywhere BUT LB when we first bought him (and most of us thinking we had bought a LB!). When's his contract up with us? Next summer? - so will he be off on a free?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
LB! After all that wanting to play anywhere BUT LB when we first bought him (and most of us thinking we had bought a LB!). When's his contract up with us? Next summer? - so will he be off on a free?

Maybe finally understood that either he plays where his manager wants to play him or he doesn't play at all.

Seems it went well at least - got picked in the 2. Bundesliga team of the week.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well done, Reda. What an absolute shambles from a Swansea POV though.

Am I right in thinking SU have him on a loan to buy deal?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well done, Reda. What an absolute shambles from a Swansea POV though.

Am I right in thinking SU have him on a loan to buy deal?

Swansea have already conceded a lot of goals late in games already this season haven’t they ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dr Andi Zeqiri with yet another goal for FC Basel, the only one in their win against Zalgiris. 5th goal in ten games. They have the option to buy him but I wonder what the fee is. Cant be more than £2-3m I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dr Andi Zeqiri with yet another goal for FC Basel, the only one in their win against Zalgiris. 5th goal in ten games. They have the option to buy him but I wonder what the fee is. Cant be more than £2-3m I think.

Might just get our money back on this one then? Or a very small profit.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Might just get our money back on this one then? Or a very small profit.

Yup. Small profit most likely. Hopefully a sell-on clause is baked into their option to buy him.

I've always said I think Zeqiri will be a late bloomer. Might never turn into PL level but think he could be a decent Bundesliga (or similar level) player in a few years.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Home based loanees involved this weekend.

Duffy unused sub last night.
Khadra on the bench today at Preston.
Leonard starts v Rochdale.
Rushworth back between the sticks for Lincoln at Derby.
Tolaj on the bench v Tranmere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Home based loanees involved this weekend.

Duffy unused sub last night.
Khadra on the bench today at Preston.
Leonard starts v Rochdale.
Rushworth back between the sticks for Lincoln at Derby.
Tolaj on the bench v Tranmere.

Weir and Roberts also starting. Richards still injured - is Jenks injured too? Not been a sign of him in the squad at Crawley for a week or two now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here