Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The 20 best minutes of Potterball ever...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They missed so many chances that day.

#TypicalAlbion.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s there for ever more . … When you’re old and grey - and I am already - you’ll be able to view it whenever you want……

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Just rewatched, very good. Especially the fourth VAR scrambled goal, it all seemed a bit surreal at the time. UTA.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
An unbelievably magical, surreal moment in time. I kept saying to my boys how incredible it was and to drink it in as it is unlikely to ever be as good. Not sure they were quite as excited as me about crushing United as they've just been shit since they were born!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s that moment where a boxer has his losing opponent on the ropes and is just pummelling the absolute shit out of him before the towel is thrown in. Shame we didn’t get the 5th but what a 20mins!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I distinctly remember thinking and saying at half time "I wish we'd killed the game when we had the chance, no way we can be that good again second half".

Then we come out and do this. My favourite ever Albion memory simply because we genuinely looked like one of the best teams in the world for those 20-25 minutes.

Goosebumps every time.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I actually thought the 2nd half v West Ham was better, because ManU were totally shit, a shambles and had been for weeks yet West Ham were on a roll and a very organised team, hardly any team did to them in 45 mins what BHA did in that 2nd half.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At half time I remember thinking 'that first half will take some beating'. And the rest, as they say, is history. I recorded the shortened version from SSN – I think it was on the day after – and I watched it all over again the other day. Absolutely marvellous display.

What made it better was that it was probably the biggest TV audience – and I think it was an attendance PB – in the world watching it, with many hoping/assuming United would roll us over. How wrong they were. Plus the fact that a performance like that was coming all season. To do it against a #TeamLikeManchesterUnited made it all the sweeter...

The only thing missing from those 20 minutes was the Groß turn double and backheel on Fred :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At half time I remember thinking 'that first half will take some beating'. And the rest, as they say, is history. I recorded the shortened version from SSN – I think it was on the day after – and I watched it all over again the other day. Absolutely marvellous display.

What made it better was that it was probably the biggest TV audience – and I think it was an attendance PB – in the world watching it, with many hoping/assuming United would roll us over. How wrong they were. Plus the fact that a performance like that was coming all season. To do it against a #TeamLikeManchesterUnited made it all the sweeter...

The only thing missing from those 20 minutes was the Groß turn double and backheel on Fred :lolol:

I remember thinking man u can't possibly be as bad in the second half. We'll probably rue those missed chances. And it'll be another game where we play really well in one half and poor in the next. Happy to have been proven wrong.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
The commentary is superb too, littered with phrases like "...Brighton are taking Manchester United to the cleaners...".
And "...Brighton are toying with Manchester United, it's so easy..."

Marvellous.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
"Man Utd not just being beaten here, they're being embarrassed, absolutely embarrassed" says the commentary just seconds before we score the 4th. So spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here