Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 1901 Banning - Did the guy ge his ticket back?

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
Sorry, should read GET, not ge!

Just wondering what happened to the guy who got the banning after the Crystal Palace game, did he get his seat / ticket back?

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
If he got banned that solves your question surely ??? Or did he just get kicked out?

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
Seem to remember lots of controversy surrounded the issue, and im hoping, as a fellow Brighton fan and as a person who likes right over wrong, he managed to overturn the ban.

Seems harsh what happened.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
The ban was reduced until the end of the season and his card /pass was reactivated so he can pass onto friends or colleagues. The football league ombudsman are currently handling the case on his behalf vs the club who in my opinion have handled the whole affair in a quite amateurish fashion,including putting pressure on the mods here to lock down the original thread (allegedly)

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
The judge says not guilty .

The Judge is right the individual banned is certainly not guilty. I cannot say the same for the people who have done the banning, they should be holding there heads in shame

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
So a three year (or is it three season) banning order has been reduced to a season, and the ticket can be used by friends / guest.

In my eyes that means the powers that be have admitted an element of defeat and/or mistake in their original assessment, so a full reconciliation / refund for the missed games should be happening.

Where's the common sense gone at the club? Here's an ALbion fan who has had a banning order slapped on him with no hard evidence against him.

Really shameful by the club this and more of us should be questioning the clubs decision here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The ban was reduced until the end of the season and his card /pass was reactivated so he can pass onto friends or colleagues. The football league ombudsman are currently handling the case on his behalf vs the club who in my opinion have handled the whole affair in a quite amateurish fashion,including putting pressure on the mods here to lock down the original thread (allegedly)

You might want to back that up. Over to you...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
feel so sorry for the mentioned lad,they have backed down and adjusted to a year,but thats not the point is it!!!!
He is dedicated enough to still be paying alls his monthly costs,and also has gone to every away game this year,,it is being followed up buy the football ombudsman,and he has had several meeting at his own cost again in london.
The club should take a long good look at thenselves they way they have tried to brush this under the carpet,and the fact that this lad has remained so loyal to the club is beyond me.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
feel so sorry for the mentioned lad,they have backed down and adjusted to a year,but thats not the point is it!!!!
He is dedicated enough to still be paying alls his monthly costs,and also has gone to every away game this year,,it is being followed up buy the football ombudsman,and he has had several meeting at his own cost again in london.
The club should take a long good look at thenselves they way they have tried to brush this under the carpet,and the fact that this lad has remained so loyal to the club is beyond me.

Quite right Empire, he is so dedicated he even wore a silly hat to palace!!!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
a bailey hat at that mate,hes deffo a wongun on the fashion hat stakes lol

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
the thread was blocked sodraw your own conclusions?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here