Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 100 worst Albion players of all time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Honestly. Anyone who can defend Mark McCammon as better than 100 other Brighton players is doing nothing more than showing they know nothing about football.

Please. Name 100 WORSE players than Mark McCammon.

Err, sorry?

You have clearly stated that he is the WORST.

He clearly isn't.

You are wrong.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Peter Smith won player-of-the-season one year I believe. No way on the list of worst 100.

Possibly the worst player of the year,for any club... EVER . I was & still am sure that people only voted for him as a piss take.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bryan McKenna
David Adekola
David Gipp
Willie Young
Alistair Edwards
Simon Funnell
Raphael Meade
Why Gipp?

He scored 100 odd reserve team goals for us in about 200 games, but was given about 12 minutes first team football. I couldn't understand why Bazza never gave him a chance:shrug:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
OK, I stand corrected on Chris Ramsey. Obviously by people who have seen him playing for the Albion in the flesh whereas I'm solely relying on video footage. From that, he comes across as very limited and clumsy: his game seemed to comprise mainly of poor distribution (often just hoofing the ball upfield) and reckless tackling. And remember that almighty cock-up in the Everton match in 1982/83...

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Npf4dYSYCOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Npf4dYSYCOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

So what were his redeeming qualities as a player?

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Are you just picking random names off a list ?

Brian was superb for us in his day and at his level and of the others there is only maybe Goodwin who would get near the worst 100
Nope - I remember them all well and Tawse was particularly second rate. Digweed had some terrible times, being particularly prone to a salmon's leap over the ball. A real heart in mouth keeper for the fans. We all remember Calamity Wayne, the keeper who could give away a goal from nothing, although I could gave added Graeme Smith. Goodwin was just a talent free lump and Ruggiero was just one of those players who never looked good enough for the team. Not random names at all, just another fan's honest opinion.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably because he wasn't good enough ? Didn't exactly pull up any trees elsewhere did he ?
Maybe, but he always looked pretty sharp when I watched him. He was only 19 when he left us and scored goals wherever he played. I liked him, perhaps I've got the rose tinteds on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here